Playoff Predictor Thread

Good stuff - but let’s beat the vikes away first !!!

This team deserves to match our franchise record for most wins in a season

Here’s a wild result:
our chance for the two seed if we go W,L,W (beat Vikings twice, lose to Dallas): 2%
our chance for the two seed if we go L,W,L (beat Dallas, lose twice to Vikings): 3%

And if we go 2-1 but lose one game to the Vikes, our chance for the two seed is still a solid 40%
We really need to beat the boyz if we want that 2 seed.

1 Like

My latest. Very reasonable predictions. No massive surprises.

If we lose to Dallas, we get Seattle.

If we beat Dallas, we get Green Bay.

Such a great opportunity. They haven’t lost there since the opener in 2022. TV ratings will be massive for that game. We win that and our contender credentials become verified.

We have the 3 locked up

Now we need the Ravens to beat San Fran. That is step 1 for the Lions to get the bye

Lions win out
Philly wins out
San Fran goes 1-2 and the Lions get 1 seed

Probably maybe not but possible

I will beat this drum until the Lions are mathematically eliminated from the 1 seed

Too many years of being eliminated from playoffs all together by this point

2 Likes

The NFL has the Lions still in the Hunt and as a team that is 11-4 but hasn’t clinched a spot.

I don’t think they want us in.

So someone help me out.

I have done a few predictors and if the Lions and Eagles both win out the Lions are the 2 seed. But this week the Lions are the 3.

So what is the tie breaker the Lions are better than. I am guessing common opponents winning percentage? I guess that has to be it. I am not up for the work to figure them all out.

KC-Dallas-Seattle

So if the Lions beat Dallas they are 2-1 and the Eagles are 2-2 against that crew

I played with a bunch of different scenarios, but there is a chance we play the Vikes in the wild card round, crazy but that would be 3 games in 4 weeks against the same team.

I’ll be rooting for the Rams to take out the 9ers in week 18

2 Likes

There’s also the Vikings and Bucs (who we both beat).

So if we beat Dallas and the Vikings again we are 5-1 against those teams and the Eagles would be 4-2.

This is why losing to Minnesota eliminates our tiebreaker advantage should the Eagles drop one of their last two as well. We would both be have the same record (12-5), the same conference record (8-4), and the same record against common opponents (4-2).

Per @JerseyJungle, the next tiebreaker is “strength of victory”, which is essentially the combined record of all the teams you’ve beaten. The Eagles would win that tiebreaker.

So we need the Ravens to win today and that adds some insane excitement to the 1 seed chase.

Then everyone wins next weekend.

Bring up a huge final weekend with I think all 3 with 1 seed possibilities.

What in blazes….no games times for week 18 yet???

Also I am guessing only games in Sunday that weekend so no one has an advantage

Welp, we’re back to #3 and against the Rams. Gonna be a real interesting final 2 weeks. Still lots of possibilities in seeding and playoff opponents.

We now have the #2 seed in our own hands, beat Dallas and Minny and we are #2

2 Likes

Hoping for a full-on SF collapse so we get the #1 seed. Unlikely but weirder things have happened.

2 Likes

Yep. If we win next weekend, even if the Eagles win as well, we will jump back to #2. And then hold it from there with a win against the Vikings the final weekend.

2 Likes

The #1 seed to root for.

BAL wins out. We win out and GB wins out. Then LAR has to win @AF or they miss the playoffs. That LA-SF game is getting flexed IMO.

1 Like

I don’t know that Minny wins another game w/ those injuries.

1 Like

I think they beat the Pack next week and our backups week 18

Then we shit stomp them week 19

1 Like

If you have us beating Dallas, I don’t see us resting week 18, as the 1 seed would be in play