Poll: Who would you take in the second

The best LB/S/DT/CB on the board.

I understand the hope for Willis, but I think you gotta go in another direction. The track record of QBs taken outside the first is just horrifically bad. Doesn’t mean you can’t get a good one—see, Brees, Russ Wilson. But any prospect likely to still be sitting there at 48 is not only not good enough/ready enough to go in the first, but not compelling enough for a team to trade up and grab him near the top of the second.

So by this logic, if Willis IS worth investing a high pick on, he’ll be gone. If he’s still there at 48, it means the league views him as tilting much more towards the “project” side of the equation than the “upside” one. Which, to me, says he’s more of a luxury than the Lions can afford.

This team has too many holes left to fill, especially on defense. We need immediate starters, and this spot in the draft is ideal for grabbing linebackers and safeties who can come in and have an immediate impact. We should not be passing up a chance to grab a starter to roll the dice on a high risk project.

1 Like

Give me any of these guys at 46 and I’m happy:

LB
Dean
Harris
Chenal (I don’t think he’s the best fit for our needs, but still my favorite player in the draft. I think he’s got some Parsons in him)
Oh, and Muma. I’d be cool with him too.

CB (and move Okudah to S)
Booth
Maybe Gordon

S
Pitre
Brisker

I also like a bunch of the DL guys at in this group too, but I really think the back 7 needs more help than the front 7 with Hutch on board and Romeo coming back. But I wouldn’t be upset with Jones or Winfrey either. Even Ojabo or Mafe, but that’d be kinda overkill on DE lol.

2 Likes

Andrew Booth is very good. 1st rounder easily. Best player right now is him in my opinion.

Do you feel Brisker or Pitre is a day 1 starter?

I am on the skill position train right now.

On this defense? I don’t see why not.

Dean, Booth or trade back to the mid 50s for a 4th.

1 Like

Quarterback position no way compares to reciever, there players all over draft that were steals except quarterback. Comparing the 2 our recoever has more talent.

I want more weapons on offense. Watson. Pickens. Wandale Robinson. Give me all the shine now. Leta finish it off. A RB…a TE.

Nba Youngboy Watch GIF by YoungBoy Never Broke Again

1 Like

There are a lot of rumors that we love Howell :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am really starting to want the Lions to move the Rams pick next year (plus something third day next year if needed) to get back into the top of round two tonight. Keeping 46 as well.

Get the safety, get something else. Hit home runs and nail it.

So much talent still on the board. Me wants it all.

1 Like

Disagree. Keep our draft capital next year. We need flexibility in case Goff flops.

We hit a home run last night. If healthy and with Goff from the last quarter of the year we are a WC contender in whaf appears to be a bad conference after the top 3-4 teams.

That’s a huge step forward but we’re still early in the rebuild. No reason to push things too fast IMO.

1 Like

A defensive back–Brisker or Pitre would be nice at 46.

1 Like

The question that will be asked is, is there anyone left this year that you would be good spending a first round pick on. Is there is then your still getting value out of the Rams pick, just a year earlier.

I think Dean and Willis are the other two guys I would say that about right now. If they don’t like Willis that much and aren’t a big fan of Dean then they should keep the pick. They had them both in for a top 30 visit so you know they like those players just don’t know how much.

Not worried about Goff. I’m worried about building the team. If I have a player staring me in the face now that I consider worthy, I’m doing it.

Just what I’d do. I do realize, there will be talent next year as well in the first for that Rams pick.

I really think Dean is worthy. Again, my opinion.

Edit to add:

I’d also look at the safeties still on the board as worthy.

Move back in and take Brisker/Pitre, then a LB at 46… I love that.

I want Nakobe Dean and Kerby Joseph with our next two picks.

1 Like

After reflection, I’d say my top targets for 46 are

• One of the safeties, Brisker or Pitre
  • One of the LBs: Christian Harris, Troy Andersen, Leo Chenel

I’m hearing teams are steering clear of Nakobe Dean because he’s trying to hide a knee injury.

If we somehow end up with Booth Jr, Chenal, Dean, Brisker, Pitre or McCreary I’m not disappointed at all.

Oh crap really? Didn’t know that

Skipped the Combine, didn’t run at Georgia’s pro day. Because of a “pec strain?”

Nakobe Dean only doing position drills at Georgia Pro Day due to ‘pec strain’ - Kirby Smart (on3.com)

:arrow_up: :no_entry_sign:

I’m in this camp. Brad spent some useful capital acquiring his game changer, we can’t afford to chase more skill players, and certainly not a QB like Willis.

Time to buckle down and bolster the defense, which still lacks talent across the board… not to mention depth. Any significant injuries to this group and the floodgates open again.

1 Like