Possibility we only keep 2 QBs?

Rudock is at UM Medicine now. Assume that means he will be a physician. Good for him!

2 Likes

I’ll reiterate…
Including last year under the new regime, our team has had only 2 QBs on the final 53 in each of the last 7 years except for 2019.

With the PS rules the way they are, stashing extra OL and QB’s on the PS are not hard at all.

I just trust the staff. IF our backup QBs end up being anything worthy of note, I will attribute it to coaching as much as anything. Those dudes will get the ceiling out of ppl.

Given how poorly our backups play I say keep none. If Goff goes down put swift at quarterback and run the triple option. I’d have more faith in that offense than one led by Boyle or blough.

It would probably work since nobody in the nfl ever sees that offense or played against it. Especially with our line.

As bad as Boyle played, we almost won 2 of the games he started on the road. The Browns and Falcons games both came down to the end.

1 Like

We’d have won those game with the triple option I’m telling ya. Lol

1 Like

Put Sewell at QB, and run the option! Now that would be smashmouth football!

1 Like

Malcolm

1 Like

Does it really matter if Goff gets injured?..neither Blough or Boyle would take us anywhere.

1 Like

You are going to lose the game but when you are bringing guys in off the street you are holding back the development of the guys around the QB. You can’t function as an offense and have a constructive discussion about it after the game.

If we can get one of our QBs onto the practice squad that is always ideal and 100% what we should do. But if we find ourselves unable to have a practice squad QB than keeping 3 QBs is the right way to go.

Boyle would win at least 6 games with this roster. Goff will win 10…maybe more.

Also → I’m guessing if both QBs got hurt, Fox would be the one finishing the game. Probably a lot of running plays. He’d knock all of their LBs out of the game and we would have an easy go of things.

1 Like

Based on today’s game, Blough has the edge in my view. Even with the dropped shotgun snap.

3 Likes

Yup - Blough was WAY better!
Blough was …“Meh”
Boyle was terrible. LOL.

2 Likes

Pretty sure we should only keep one. Ugly.

3 Likes

Blough was also playing against the Falcons 3rd team defense, very few of those guys are making an NFL roster. I’d like to see Blough get 1st half reps next week to get a better evaluation of him.

Boyle made a couple great throws, he’s just so inconsistent with accuracy.

2 Likes

agree w/all of that.

1 Like

I think I’d keep Blough, at least he can makes some things happen with his feet.

Are we really worried that another team is going to swoop in and sign Boyle if we release him!? I’m sure not. lol

1 Like

lmao I cannot believe we are debating keeping either Boyle or Blough/ HAAA ha ha ha…what sadsack mother%^$#'s are we !?

2 Likes

Yeah, probably better to just keep sending Goff out there even if he only has one butt cheek and three toes left.

2 Likes

Haha We’re Lions fans!! Enough said.

1 Like