Post-game observations

Waiting for gifs from back to back run stops on 3rd and 4th down. Didnt expect such plays that early from Cpt. Jack. Maybe more ready than i thought.

1 Like

Amazing what happens when you actually focus on building a great DL.

Lessons for Matt “DL pressure doesnt really matter in today’s NFL” Patricia.

3 Likes

Who gets cut on the dline…

Hutch
Harris
Cominsky
Pashcal
Houston
Mcneill
Buggs
Martin
All the above should be locks and that is 8, so how many spots are left for:

Okwara 1
Okwara 2
Levi O
Jones
Covington

1 Like

Don’t tell Cap…. :grin:

1 Like

Loud or not, he’s not gonna start.

It’ll Jack and AA (at least initially). As it should be. I’d like to see Barnes and Jack as the pair eventually but AA is likely quite entrenched.

3 Likes

Thank you !!!

1 Like

Well that’s a pretty impressive roster position! I’d say we run 12 deep. Certainly some backups there, but if an of the last 5 are waived, they’d each probably get picked up by another team.

Btw, the talent on our practice squad is going to be outstanding.

1 Like

I thought after Julian, Commish was the second best player I saw yesterday. He’s such a stud.

3 Likes

Steve Harvey Familyfeud GIF by ABC Network

3 Likes

To me branch was better than both, albeit limited reps. That close out and hit is something i have wanted out of a safety for years.

3 Likes

Feels like someone on that DL is going to get cut and another team is going to swoop in ASAP.

1 Like

Agree to disagree. Branch played well but IMO he wasn’t even in the same stratosphere as Julian in terms of impact on the game. Of course nobody was so there’s that.

If you rewatch the game and really focus on Julian you will be super impressed.

1 Like

I thought Starling showed well for himself. He clearly belongs.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/1690401950787858433?s=46&t=mX4UxGjrvdU8nHO48U8nmQ

10 Likes

The big difference is Anzalone is now playing a ton of Will this year, Coach Campbell said it’s his best and most natural position. Barnes and Campbell are competing for the starting Mike spot. Sounds like Anzalone will be starting at Will this year.

From Coach Campbell this week…

“Alex can play all the positions and it’s one of the reasons why he’s a huge asset for us,” Lions coach Dan Campbell said before the Lions’ final joint practice against the New York Giants on Wednesday. “But I think he’s really naturally more a WILL. He’s more that position. And I think it fits his skill set, and he was another player (on Tuesday that) I thought played fast. He played fast. He took it up a notch, and so I think he’s right where he belongs right now.”

1 Like

Julian had twice the amount of snaps vs lower competition than branch, not discounting julian there just felt that branchs play showed more for me than julian. With that said i would be splitting hairs there as a lot of the young guys looked good.

Again, agree to disagree. Even on a per snap basis, Branch wasn’t even close to as much of a game wrecker as Julian. As for level of competition it is what it is and I’m not really sure how to incorporate that into analysis in anything approximating an objective way.

Branch is no doubt a stud and I’m definitely higher on him as a player. I just thought Julian had a special night last night.

1 Like

I listed Capt Jacks tackles and talked about his play all last season. I had more than one poster here say they had watched all the tape esp at Michigan and in their opinion he sucked. He sucked. Not that he wasn’t the best LB in the draft, or maybe top 2 or 3, he sucked. So here’s the deal, I won’t mention your names but you can suck my ####. And BTW, ANYTHING you post here citing your experience watching tape, don’t worry, I’ll be there.

2 Likes

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF

4 Likes