Post Some Comedians You Enjoy (add a link) -

It’s funny how subjective comedy is. There are some names listed above who I just can’t stand and don’t think they are funny at all. Since nobody listed him I feel OK to mention Robin Williams as a comedian where I would rather have shards of glass shoved into my eyeballs than have to sit through one of his sets. Just brutal.

Haha not a fan I see. Robin Williams on golf is priceless man.

Obviously you aren’t going to watch it, but for others, enjoy!

1 Like

LOL, yes thats the one

Yes he is, see him in Bay City every year in concert.

3 Likes

I live in Bay City, I’ve seen a couple times here.

1 Like

Live in BC as well

1 Like

I tried to keep an open mind so I watched it…and still just don’t get it. I guess that’s the beauty of comedy and why I said it subjective.

And just so you don’t think I’m some old fuddy-duddy - I love comedy. At least 30% of my day is spent laughing or smiling and joking around. I’ve been to numerous comedy clubs and love sitcoms, funny movies, and stand-up. For some reason I just don’t get Robin Williams. I loved him as an actor in several movies but when he is on stage and doing his act it just grinds me to my soul.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you think there is to GET about Robin, but that golf routine was instant comedy classic. Here’s another that I saw when it was originally aired that shows just how great his improv skills were…

2 Likes

I don’t GET that it’s funny where others do. I’m surprised I had to clarify that point.

2 Likes

Word

He would be pretty far down on my list of favorite comics, too.

The longer I live, the more I become this guy.

lewis black GIF

Hadnt seen him yet, shockingly.

Top 10 for me with Chappelle, Pryor, Williams and Kinnison, Norm McD, Rodney Dangerfield, Don Rickles, Stephen Wright and Eddie.

3 Likes

Bill burr
Doug Stanhope
Tom Segura
Jim Jeffries
Tosh stand up
Chris Porter
Jimmy carr
Bill Hicks from time to time
Jim Norton
Rogan

Those are most of my favorite. Might be missing a few.

1 Like

Tosh is great.

chris farley GIF Beverly Hills Ninja.

2 Likes