Prayers for Tua

Nah
I was thinking one might use their arm to break a fall

Just curious why you think the same injury made him miss the rest of the season but let him play that one last play ?

Do you think he hurt himself worse on the last throw and that’s why he missed rest of the season since he was fine to go back in ?

Why not let him finish the season if two healthy shoulders aren’t needed at QB ? What changed between the play he was injured and the last throw vs the last throw and the next game ?
The injury was treated as though it was not one he should play through.

To me , you’re missing the point if that’s all you’re taking from the discussion

We don’t see players playing through Stafford’s injury often and the team IRd him for the rest of the season from the same injury , which had it been a concussion , could’ve been the same outcome ( iR for the rest of the season, though likely as an unseen brain injury , he’d have come back within weeks ) if you really want to compare how nfl treats these injuries.

Why does Thursdays incident confirm anything about Sunday’s incident?

I agree that he definitely suffered a head injury on Sunday, but that’s based on what we all witnessed on Sunday and has nothing to do with what happened on Thursday.

Thursday’s incident could have happened exactly as it did without Sunday’s incident even existing.

Which is why I believe the investigation into Sunday’s event will lead the league into saying they found nothing to suggest the Dolphins didn’t follow proper protocols, and as long as the league Doctor, the team Doctor, and Tua all have the same story it’s nearly impossible to prove otherwise.

It sounds like you might have some nerve damage if its the same hand and not both of them.

Per the Mayo Clinic…

What are the symptoms of nerve damage in the hand?

Damage to these nerves is typically associated with muscle weakness, painful cramps and uncontrollable muscle twitching.

If it’s all over your body, drink more Gatorade.

The point is, is anyone going to die or go into a vegetative state for the rest of their life from a shoulder injury?
If someone has a sore shoulder and says he can go back in the game, then what’s the worst that’s gonna happen? If someone has an apparent head injury and they say they can go back in the game, you don’t even give him that option.

Exactly.

And is why the league has “concussion protocols” that must be followed but doesn’t a special protocols for any other type of injury.

2 Likes

I think you could be being reckless to think a player with one arm couldn’t be hurt worse while playing having an unknown outcome of what that would actually be
Maybe further injury to shoulder
Maybe it’s injury to spine because the player doesn’t use that shoulder to break their fall
Maybe it’s any unknown outcome that could occur on football field while making it even more risky for the participant

So you assume it’s only risk to further injury to shoulder while I’m talking about the ability of the player to protect their full selves being hampered by one arm on an Injury that made him miss the rest of the reason.

The Tua injury PR situation is among the worst for dolphins as it’s not that Tua got hit so terribly hard , it’s that it seemed iMO to be like a regular football play that caused it bringing doubt to their handling of plsyer , with Tuas participation and every team mate co signing it
While it’s possible the single hit could be why Tua had reaction having not much to fo with last weeks hit.

I think that might be a bit of a stretch…but I do get your point. I think a better argument would be that he couldn’t use that arm to catch himself and possibly hit his head on the turf and getting a concussion. I think the chances are really low but it is possible I guess.

Interesting
I think it’s mainly happens in left hand
Started, I think when I had encephalitis (which was really bad — doctors thought I may end up a vegetable)
Massive fevers, they were cooling me down like crazy
I’m the midst of all that I told my wife I saw 7 planes of existence. Each deeper.
I still see that as real
Nerve damage from that?
Seems unlikely but what do I know

I guarantee you Gatorade is not the right prescription for my case :crazy_face:

1 Like

Dude, that’s ALL of society. People you thought would have your back until the end, gone, the second you are no longer of use to them. From family and friends, to business, to government and politicians.
It’s the new American way.
Pray you never outlive your usefulness.

1 Like

Imo another points is the medical staff really didn’t have a handle on Stafford at that time
He’d barely been checked out and because it wasn’t a head injury or something he could shake off , so he shook it off. Do you know if the lions medical staff had even diagnosed the full extent of his injury before he went out ? They never took pads off.
He got himself back on the field.

1 Like

This doesn’t sound too good…

2 Likes

White Lightning?

He’s trying to tie his fake spinal injury to Tua’s concussion?

Boom! Talk shit about the billionaires, it’s fine.
How about the millionaire, that knows the risks and continues to play few a few hundred thousand dollars extra.
How is he a victim?
Both can be true at the same time. The owners and NFL don’t have the market cornered on “greed”.
Players, Stafford being a fantastic example, can make horrible decisions concerning their own health. You can’t be in on the decision and then be a victim if something goes wrong.
Bad luck sucks.

No no
My wife brings that shit back from her relatives in Romania
I won’t touch it
We have a lot of bottles in inventory :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Agree that’s part of the problem
But that’s the system the pro owners have helped nurture and develop.

In early days , nfl was different , all Sports were but the game is different now.

The leverage and pressure for the players to play vs the risk by the billionaire , where the player , despite being well paid , still deserved worker protection. Also recognizing these young men are at an age where long term deciding making us often a struggle as you think you’re young forever

It is crazy too , in thinking a guy like Stafford wouldnt play football for $15m a year
Or that as an investment
Sheila , already pretty comfortable ,
Couldn’t be happy only making $100k a year as owner for the next 50 years.

I’d own the lions and only make $150k a year and be living my best life lol

I don’t know what to believe to be honest.

ProFootballTalk
@ProFootballTalk
The NFL Players Association has exercised its prerogative to terminate the Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant involved in the Tua Tagovailoa situation last Sunday, per source.

Apparently the NFLPA felt something was wrong

2 Likes

I don’t either when it comes to Tyrell’s injury.

1 Like