Pre-season game thoughts good and bad

I liked those dudes man.

Good point.

Not at all. Just a building year. Go out, win some games, make some progress, hit the draft the same way we have the last 2 years, and move forward.

I feel like Levi + Barnes could have equaled a trade to get us Javonte Williams (RB Denver). Gaaaaahhhhh!!!

Yup - “out of likes”

Loved this whole post → out of likes

Yup - I agree w/all of it. I think Paschal may be asked to play in the middle more thins year than I’d like him to. I don’t feel like Levi is the answer.

I’m interested int he injuries to both Jacobs and Levi.

1 Like

I think it’s more likely they’d regret passing on Jordan Davis, if that even ends up being a thing.
The philosophy here is to build the DL first. Destroy the pocket and the LBs are clean and have a muuuuuuch easier task. Same w/DBs

Personally, I love that philosophy. I think we go DT first pick of next year’s draft, possibly even trading up, if someone is available.

Jamo is special. He’s going to murder the NFL with long plays. Still…so is Jordan Davis, IMO.

2 Likes

Probably unrealistic but I would love to see the Lions take a run at Suh. They probably have the cap room. Vikings are leaders for him and they have about the same as Detroit.

2 Likes

Its not that I don’t like our RBs, they are okay, maybe not quite as high as some others, but they are fine. But sometimes I watch this line make holes and wonder how many yards Barry Sanders could get over a full season.

2 Likes

Personally I think Ragnow will be giving him his welcome to the NFL moment.

2 Likes

YES to all of this!

Jesus, dude. Hope you are right. Not predicting it.

Did anyone see the play where Malcom Rodriguez threw a much larger OL to the ground?

The OL was trying to bully him and shove him back and he used his own momentum against him in a very wrestler/judo move.

2 Likes

I was actually really surprised he was willing to take off and run in the preseason based on his inability to stay healthy throughout his career. He’s always hurt. Falcons fans must have been shitting their pants every time he ran.

1 Like

He did have 7 carries for 71 yards, 10 yards per carry aint too shabby.

1 Like

Shootout IMO

2 Likes

On the play where Zack Wilson hurt his knee, check out Jordan Davis. Just throws the center to the ground and then starts running after Wilson. No wonder his knee buckled, he was probably shitting his pants.

3 Likes

I think we have a shared Jordan Davis man crush. I am happy we got JW but the dog in me wanted JD so much worse. Alim, JD and Hutch, it’s the wet dream of my adulthood.

3 Likes

Honestly, that is what a lot of wins are gonna have to be……

1 Like

Won’t do that to Ragnowrak

3 Likes

I disagree, JD is just to much man to be any one guys responsibility. I hope we run inside traps against him because his biggest weakness seems to be momentum with his penetration.

You are underestimating Ragnow’s functional strength. He’s a beast in his own right.

2 Likes

Ragnow’s the best center in the league IMO, and he’s one of the biggest too. Plus it’s Davis’s first ever game as a rookie. I really expect to handle him pretty well.

I hope you guys are right. I know Rag is a beast and I’ll be very impressed if he shuts JD down.