Prepare yourself for Hamilton

Sapp was the prime example in @Weaselpuppy post….I was merely highlighting that those defenses had great players all over the field.

We’re good brother.

1 Like

So you fault 3 rookies an a guy who is gone as a shit show an where is your ideas to improve the quality of a shit show?

eyebrow GIF

2 Likes

Yes. It doesn’t take the #2 overall pick to replace Will Harris. :rofl:

There’s a doo-doo joke there.

1 Like

ace ventura GIF

1 Like

Agree 100% with this statement, yet some on here would like us to take a project QB with 2OA…smh

1 Like

“Overview
High-impact safety with unique blend of traits and characteristics that make him a bit of a unicorn at the position. Hamilton has the eyes and speed to play over the top, the strength and toughness to play near the line, and coverage length to guard elite pass-catching tight ends who often mismatch opposing defenses. It’s rare to find such a ferocious striker and intimidator who has the football intelligence and athletic prowess to go make plays in the passing game, but Hamilton provides it all. He thrives playing downhill or sinking into a robber alignment on the back-end but will have occasional missteps in coverage when in retreat from his pedal. Hamilton has the traits and football character to transition from standout college moments to a standout pro career as a future Pro Bowler with All-Pro potential.”

Sure doesn’t sound like the player you are discibed. It’s funny how the underwear games make so much Hyper Boyle.

1 Like

People that somehow justify taking a Safety at pick 2 overall are most likely the same people that justified taking a Tight End at pick 8 and a CB at pick 3.

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

Yea except we don’t even have Marlowe any more. So we’re worse than this currently. Woof.

1 Like

Don’t worry you can get a safety in any RD because there just not important at least that’s what I hear.

2 Likes

Hamilton is the highest rated player coming out this year On NFL.com. I don’t see us taking him but not the end of the world if we do. The Lions already invested in Walker so I don’t see them using the #2 pick on a safety. But I do see them grabbing one fairly early.

1 Like

Last year’s draft was considered to have less depth than usual years due to the extra Covid eligibility for NCAA…
yet Caden Stearns went in 5th round.

And… @Thats2 also pointed out these players…

So I think that history shows quality safeties can indeed be found throughout the draft on a regular basis.

3 Likes

They will NOT be taking Hamilton
Gads!!

2 Likes

Yeah but just think if Hamilton can become as good at Safety as Hock is at TE.
One can dream.

1 Like

I’d like to think we have smarter people in place now. Holmes spoke this offseason about value at 2OA. He was speaking specifically about position value. I do not believe that guy takes a Safety at 2OA. Especially one who isn’t a free safety.

CB I can see the argument. It’s a high value position in todays NFL but I still think this staff prefers to get either a QB or the trenches (including edge) that high and I think QB is very unlikely.

Right now I think our board probably looks like this.

1. Hutch
  2. KT
  3. Johnson
  4. Sauce

Hamilton is probably much farther down the list.

2 Likes

Preparing myself for Hamilton is like preparing myself for a colonoscopy.

3 Likes

Oh no … Fleet …