Pro Days 2023

Think that should be a decent RAS for a 300+ pound DT. Not the sort of freaky athlete Adebawore is, but then who is?

Any measurements on Brooks that include arm length? Also any report as to why he was not invited to the combine>

I think he has 32 inch arms which is fine IMO.

1 Like

I think he was 32 inches at the Senior Bowl

2 Likes

Brooks lost 1/2" on his arm length to 31 1/2" at his pro day. I hope that trend doesn’t continue. Otherwise, they’ll be 28" by training camp and he’ll be calling Kenny Pickett for exercise tips.

1 Like

Sorry i wasn’t thinking I forgot they measured at the senior bowl that seems like so long ago. But it was his week of practice at the senior bowl that clearly showed he belonged. Then he did not get the invite which doesn’t make sense to me unless there was a red flag. I did a few searches and come up with nothing other than he got snubbed but never any reason given.

Pretty clear that most of the Iowa guys did the agility drills. Excited to see the numbers when they finally drop.

1 Like

I know you like AA as a 3T because of his upside. What is your opinion of Van Ness or Keion White in the same role?

1 Like

I think they’re both a little more like Paschal and Cominsky, big edges who can move inside for nascar packages. Van Ness actually played inside last season but I thought he was much better outside this year. He’s basically a baby deer out there but he’s got real juice laterally, so I think I’d use him there as much as I could. In time I could see him being a JJ Watt type.

White has more potential to move inside permanently I think, he just hasn’t really given an indication he’d do much in there. He was generally pretty lackluster when he was flexed inside, and had some real issues holding up in the run game. But if you beefed him up he’d make a lot of sense. One of the reasons I like AA as a 3T convert is he showed the level of strength necessary to thrive in there. Especially at the Senior Bowl. But even in his tape he held the POA really well.

1 Like

I thought White was the best football player of the 3 but I think he is a couple years older than the other 2. With him I worry about his pad level. I have not seen him play inside enough to get an evaluation. He plays high but he seems to shed blocks easily from the edge. Sometimes they play high just because they can. Sometimes watching him I think Chris Jones but he was a 23 yr old playing against 19 and 20 yr old RTs in the ACC.

I agree with you on AA being very strong at the point of attack. I just did not see him get off blocks enough to make plays upfield. Van Ness makes explosive plays.He can convert the speed to power with violence. I think he may have more upside than the other 2. These are all guys I will be watching on draft.

1 Like

Great numbers for this dude. Good production too. Can’t find his official size measurements but listed at 5-8, 180.

Another JMU receiver, Devin Ravenel, ran 4.45 with a 37.5 inch vert and 10’6 broad. Listed at 6’1, 176 but didn’t have nearly as much production as his teammate Thornton. Definitely looks to have legit juice:

Possible day 3 pick I’d guess.

Keion White checked in at 6’4.7, 281 with 34 inch arms and ran a 4.79 before injuring himself on one of the agility drills. I guess that’s all the testing we’ll get from him unless he puts on his own workout right before the draft.

1 Like

Definitely has the frame and speed to add 15 pounds and play inside full time. Not so sure if I am a big fan of that possibility though.

Yeah, while the top of the draft maybe WR deficient, the late rounds should still be ripe with possibilities, right?

For sure day 3 is the value area (outside of JSN IMO). Lots of value to be had down there, I really like that kid from Buffalo Justin Marshall the more I watch him (the only simulator he’s on is PFN though, which while the most fun is the least realistic).

I think Thornton’s ceiling is day 3, and you have to wonder if he’s listed at 5’8 180 what his actual measurements are. He might only be 5’6, which I think would pretty much limit him to being a UDFA.

I suppose we have to take these times with a grain of salt: