Pro Days 2023

Also pretty elite testing numbers from this guy, likely a move TE

1 Like

Tyjae Spears and Dorian Williams pro Days today. They gonna run?

Spears with a 4.47 40 (@CuriousHusker). Great time.

University of Buffalo WR Justin Marshall, one of the best contested catch receivers in all of college football, just blazed a 4.4 flat and jumped 38 inches at 6’2, 210 (unofficial). Unbelievable hands, has a little bit of Courtland Sutton to his game. That’s a faster 40 than I was expecting based on the tape. Here’s an idea of what he can offer:

1 Like

Does that mean it was really like a 4.5?

Even that would be faster than what he showed on tape IMO but you don’t usually subtract a full second from pro days. I think it’s a half second (could be wrong about that) which would put him at 4.45. Very fast for the type of receiver he is. And sometimes guys are faster than they look on tape.

That physicality with the defender after the catch puts me in mind of another WR named Marshall.

Ha yeah I thought the same thing but figured it must just be the jersey. Some similarities for sure though. He doesn’t seem quite as athletic though he tested like it.

It’s the violence and almost clumsy look, followed by a brief pause in shedding the tackler. They get rid of him with bad intentions and take a moment to appreciate it.

3 Likes

I’m down. Think it’s gonna require 48 or 55.

1 Like

Honestly Montgomery frees us up. I want a burner but we don’t need a pass catcher as badly so if it’s Izzy or Tucker that works as well.

Izzy is kinda the polar opposite to me of Montgomery. Almost zero contact balance but insane juice. And above average vision.

1 Like

Sarah Marshall?

You think D-Mo has poor vision? Or not the opposite in that one facet?

Otherwise I agree. Linear but fast as hell. I think he and Tucker would have their flaws hidden a bit here.

Nah I think they’re about the same. DMont might be a shade better. Just mentioned it so it wouldn’t sound like I was trashing him since I really like him. I think Tucker actually has better contact balance and equivalent juice, but much worse vision.

Yeah. Tucker leaves a lot of yards when things get muddled. His acceleration on turf is something else though.

Yeah he and Izzy have crazy juice when the plant their foot and go. There’s the obvious guys like Mitchell, Achane, and Gibbs, but Tucker and Izzy might give them a run for their money on burst. Deuce Vaughn too. A lot of juice in this class.

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like