Projecting the Detroit Lions 2025 Extensions

Heres with adjusted for inflation.

Veta Vea signing $17.75m in 2021 is the same as signing for $26.5M in 2025.

1 Like

They arent top 10 safeties in the league even with good years coming up. So yes, they will.

It isnt Starter = Top 5 money and reset the market at the position. There are 64 starting safeties, and while some are on rookie deals and some on vet /patchwork deals, there arenā€™t 20+ guys at safety making 20m.

In fact, only 3 in the whole NFL make over 14m and this whole list signed at ages 25-27 in their prime.

Analaysis topic and vision A+. Contract assumptions C.

2 Likes

I corrected my self later.
I think they will get $10m right now.
But if they had a breakout year this year they could get more. But i think 7-10 is realistic

1 Like

Here is the thingā€¦.

Jonah Jackson imo isnā€™t a 17M player. Kerby nor Iffy are 20M players, and Alim isnā€™t a 28M playerā€¦.and Barnes sure as hell ainā€™t and 10-12M a year player.

Xavier McKinney- 16.75M per
Jerome Baker- 7M per
Runyan, Zietler, Glasgow- 6-10M per
S Rankins- 12M per

I would rather have McKinney than either safety, Iā€™d rather have GG or Zietler over Jackson, but BOTH FOR 5M AAV CHEAPER? Yes please!!!

Iā€™d way rather have Baker than Barnes, and of course Iā€™d take Alim over Rankins.

But getting guys Baker, McKinney, and and Zietler for slightly more than you suggest for Alim with way less guaranteed money, and it opens the door for DT in round 1 and DE in round 2 next yearā€¦

You canā€™t pay guys ā€œgoing rateā€ when youā€™ve already invested elsewhere.

I love Alim here, but in 6 years between college and pro- heā€™s had north of 4 sacks twice- one at NC State and last year.