QB Ratings….. Truck vs Trailer

The 49ers paid Jimmy G.

1 Like

I also think that “trucks and trailers” can vary from year to year.

For example if you told me Goff had an MVP season next year and we won the Super Bowl but then Ben Johnson moved on and we replaced Taylor Decker with a rookie that didn’t work out and we were looking to replace him a few years later it wouldn’t shock me either

3 Likes

And instead of extending him, after taking them to the SB and NFCC, they traded 3 1st round picks to draft his replacement.

1 Like

But the last 2 times they were in the NFC Championship they were paying too 8-10 QB money to Jimmy G right? It’s not like they planned on playing Purdy…. They traded the world for Lance, then refused to trade Jimmy, and both got hurt…

I promise you - win or lose Hurts is getting paid this off-season, and so is Burrow…. No chance Burrow suits up again with Lamar, Hurts, Stafford, Dak, Tua, Fields, Jimmy, and now even Mahomes and Josh Allen hurt?

So… these guys will all be making 45M-50M plus a year for the majority of the next 7 years.

1 Like

And it surely didn’t work out, they got lucky with Purdy.

Actually yes, he could very easily.

1. the jobs this year are shit.
  2. tepper is a hands on owner.
  3. he loves working with Dan and has said this is his dream job.
  4. actually, the idea of drafting the “perfect qb”, YOUR guy for YOUR system is something that would entice a guy to stay along w the other reasons I mentioned.
  5. if he has another successful season w Goff and if he wants a HC then he will have his pick next year.

Can we stop w the continuous threads about Goff? He had an amazing year. He played well. He showed up. He is the starter next year. Like literally no one is gonna argue that. He very well might be here long term or they may decide at some point they don’t want to pay him 45-50 million a year OR they might have a few bad playoff runs and decide they wanna find a new qb….who the hell knows and who cares….

2 Likes

Are you trying to say Jared Goff doesn’t have limitations? That Jared Goff is significantly better than Jimmy G?

I can easily make the argument that Kyle Shannahan has zero rings if his QB is Jared Goff. Because it never happened…that take is on par with your take that he doesn’t have a ring because of the QB position.

1 Like

And what’s your point?

2 Likes

I think he is aware of what he said brother. The whole trailer and truck thing is dumb😂

3 Likes

He didn’t take them anywhere. They got there despite him. They paid a guy that couldn’t perform in the postseason. Moving on from 6 for 8 for 77 yards passing is not a hard decision. The money they gave Jimmy and the price they paid for Lance show how bad they want a QB. Everything the team has done is despite the QB position. It was never a choice.

Kyle wanted to make a move for Matt Stafford, but got into the deal too late.

3 Likes

Lol, the wives are on the field

I repeat, the wives are on the field

That’s twice now I’ve had to pull that out

Give it a rest

2 Likes

But what if she has dumps like a truck, truck, truck? Thighs like what, what, what?

thong song beach GIF

2 Likes

We talking a ford or a dodge? :rofl:

You think he’s better than Mahomes?

1 Like

K…but what have they proven in the process vs what the rest of the league has proven? The rest of the league has proven that if you pay QBs that are comparable to Jared Goff you are going to regret it.

Is that take wrong too?

1 Like

Yes. And when he beats him this weekend he will be 4-0 against him lifetime right?

Personally I think the Bengals roster is A LOT more takented than the Chiefs roster.

3 Likes

If in three years we get to a SB and NFCC, fall short with Goff playing up and down, and we have no holes on the team - yea get a young developmental guy

Is that the plan? :yum:

1 Like

A LOT more? Come on seriously…

The Chiefs don’t have a top 5 NFL roster? The chiefs are pretty damn complete. And before this season, that definitely couldn’t have been a legit argument. Aside from skill players, the Chiefs roster is definitely better.

I hope we have a developmental guy before that. Honestly, I hope we do exactly what the 49ers did. I want to get one of the QBs in the 2024 draft class. You can say what they did didn’t work. But I can also say paying a QB of Goffs caliber has NEVER worked. We would both be right :wink:

1 Like