QB Ratings….. Truck vs Trailer

Obviously every situation is unique and teams are always in various states of build or rebuild. Currently this team is building around Goff. He’s been central to how they have built the offense. He’s currently underpaid all things considered. And arguably a much better QB than JimmyG

It’s a super broad brushy to say, ‘teams have proven they will regret paying QBs like Goff!’

Reminds me of the popup ads ‘Doctors hate this one trick!’

I for one am happy we have a top five offense; the most balanced offense we have had in decades. There’s still a ton to fix and address and Goff isn’t one of them

Some people just assume he’s going to go full diva and demand 50 million a year. Let’s wait and see instead of stressing about a problem that’s not actually a problem right now

1 Like

Doing what the 49ers did would mean paying Goff.

2 Likes

No it wouldn’t. Explain that one because you and I both know it’s not the same thing.

A legit comp would Jared Goff taking his team to the SB then the Rams shipping him off because they don’t think he can get it done. Vs the 49ers trading 3 1st round picks because Jimmy G couldn’t get it done.

Funny with the arguments being discussed in this post, that Cinci has a QB on a rookie deal and KC has one eating up serious cap space?
Coincidence? Drafting?? Free Agency moves??? Coaching???

The owners should create a formula where one contract doesn’t count against the cap. Most of the time it maybe a QB unless they are on a rookie deal. It would allow teams to keep more of their own (not as many cap casualties) and possibly make the league more competitive
AS an example instead of cap being 220M and a QB (or whoever) getting 40M Just set the cap at 180M and exclude one contract. A cheap owner may exclude a 20M contract and another pay a QB 50M. just cuts into their profits

2 Likes

For sure. I still want to get McCall in the middle rounds next year.

For sure. I don’t really like the Chiefs roster much. Mahomes, Jones and Kelce are obviously special. Their OL is fairly talented. McDuffie is a good young corner. But it’s mostly a meh roster otherwise. It just plays up due to Pat and good coaching.

The bengals have waves of high end players in Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Reader, Hendrickson, Bates, Pratt, Bell, Awuzie, Hubbard, Wilson and so on.

1 Like

And if they do extend him I won’t say a word. I will support the Lions because that’s my team for better do for worse. And if he bombs I won’t say I told you so. I don’t do that…and if he wins us a SB you can rub it in my face all you want if it makes you feel better. Won’t bother me a bit :joy:

2 Likes

If I were a rub it in your face type of cat Id already be doing that. Goff so far has proven all his doubters wrong. We all hope he continues to do so

1 Like

Let’s say 4 years and 160m extension is on the table from Goff’s agent…. 37M APY- would you take it?

We aren’t SF, but I think we’d give them a good game and we have a bottom 3 defense…

What if we built a top 5 defense before next year, kept Chark and Swaggy and added a RG?

And Cincinnati started hitting on their high draft picks and had some inspired free agent signings at the same time. I’ve always thought Duke Tobin had a good eye for talent.

1 Like

Just the way this is worded is funny. But I’m not gonna argue it. Funny though that you leave out some really good chief players, but list literally everyone of note for the bengals and follow that with “and so on” :joy:

1 Like

This!!!

Through extensive Twitter based research I have learned that Goff is actually terrible and that if he wasn’t playing on a top 5 offense everybody would see that. I’m trying to process this line of thinking but it just makes my head hurt.

1 Like

I’m not taking it lol. This isn’t about Goff in particular. It’s about paying these guys that kind of money. That’s my entire stance it’s not me hating on Jared Goff at all.

2 Likes

Who did I leave out? Bolton? Willie Gay? An over the hill Frank Clark? Justin Reid? I didn’t single out Creed or Thuney or Zeus jr. or Smith but I did say I liked their OL.

Personally I think outside of Kelce the Chiefs weapons are pretty bad. And yet Pat makes it work.

Chiefs have a better Offensive line, Defensive line, Linebackers, and Corners

The Chiefs WRs are exact fits to the strength of Patrick Mahomes. Yeah they are obviously aren’t as talented as the bengals, but they are exactly what Mahomes wants. And if you are gonna make Boyd a mentionable, you need to mention JuJu too as they are as similar as it gets. I’ll give the edge to the Bengals backfield also but Pacheco/McKinnon is no slouch. McKinnon is another player that is a perfect fit for Mahomes.

Chiefs have a better roster and it’s also very deep. I can’t imagine someone thinking a pass catching group of Kelce, JuJu, and straight burners in MVS, Hardman, Tony is a weak group. That’s a really hard unit to defend against a QB who prefers the recess “pocket” drill.

Seriously where are the chiefs even kind of weak at? Literally as complete a team as there is in the NFL right now. Bengals are up there though. Although their line was still pretty bad this year and is in shambles currently.

Burrow is better then Mahomes. The only 2 full seasons he has played and he’s made the AFC title game both times! Plus with that oline! I’ve never seen it.

Agree to disagree I guess. I like Bengals LBers better than the Chiefs. Especialy given that it’s a passing league. With Awuzie out I agree at CB but I’m not in love with the Chiefs corners and the Bengals have a top flight safety group to compensate m. I like the Bengals DL talent better but they don’t have a Chris Jones :man_shrugging:

Totally agree on OL.

I’ve said it for years…God forbid Kyle ever got a real QB. As a Rams fan its my greatest fear. Purdy is Davis Mills or Case Keenum without Shanny and SF. I’d take Kyle Shanahan over Sean McVay every day out of the week.

2 Likes

Chiefs offensive weapons outside of Kelce are middling at best. I’m surprised someone would attempt to suggest otherwise.