Quay Walker push

While i do believe he was sincere, he is far from a “well spoken young man”.

2 Likes

The guy is human. I will even assume he is totally remorseful. There are still consequences for the actions the took in those moments. Saying you are sorry is nice, but it doesn’t absolve responsibility and consequence.

4 Likes

I thought he communicated his thoughts effectively during that interview.

He made a big mistake (twice), and he knows it. He reached out and had an apologetic conversation with the trainer involved. He humiliated himself in front of 20+ million people and got kicked out of the game where his team lost.

Are we just gonna keep kicking the kid while he is down?

3 Likes

If you think he has even adequate communication skills then you and i hold far different standards in that regard. I believe his emotions were pure but his communication skills were far below average.

1 Like

No, but what HE thinks will matter. If he just thinks this was a “whoopsie”, he’s not gonna be in the league for long.

And for the folks saying “what about the elbow?” Suspend his ass too. No place for that in the league.

2 Likes

I’m actually eagerly awaiting the leagues response to that entire play. As I see it… there should be significant fines being levied against Jarran Reed for the initial, intentional elbow, Quay Walker for the initial push of the trainer, and DeVonte Wyatt for the intentional bump of the same trainer.

10 Likes

I agree

1 Like

Cringe Hangover GIF

1 Like

you would think they have to and soon considering it was one of the most watched football games of the year

1 Like

Oh I know. Two of my daughters are / were RNs (one is currently a stay at home mom and the other is now a CRNA). I give those professionals a lot of credit.

3 Likes

My middle fake daughter spent 6 yrs as a CNA at a nursing home while starting nursing school…after 3 she shifted gears to a Healthcare Admin degree. Stay at home mom now, probably use that degree when kids get bigger but the Nurse track was a big ol nope after seeing it for 6 years…people coding, dementia issues, just plain dirty old man issues…lots of stress and bs.

Nurses are saints.

9 Likes

Yes they are. The older ones can become a bit grizzled but dealing with people at their worst times would harden most of us.

1 Like

So are about half the players in the league. Do they all lose it on the field. Good heavens we have such a soft society because of this pandering crap. Harvard does not assess library fines because it can be too emotionally challenging for students. Keep telling yourself he is just a kid and do nothing. Pretty soon he will be involved in a road rage incident, bar shooting or something else because he never learned there were consequences for NOT controlling his emotions. And the player with the cheap shot to Swifts head should be suspended for the year. If you don’t make it hurt they will just keep doing it.

1 Like

I believe he regrets what he did to the trainer. His emotions in the tunnel were real, not scripted. No reason to think he doesn’t regret it at all. However, this is his 2nd shove of an opponents staff and he regretted the first one too. Repeat offender and should face consequences.

2 Likes

First off they will never suspend someone for the year for a forehead shot to the head…never going to happen. You talk about a soft society and criticize my view but you watch a game predicated on violence and want to suspend someone for the year for what many on here watched growing up and fell in love with.

Many people are caught up with me using the term “kid”…let me explain this so there is no confusion. I DO NOT think he is a kid and should not be held to an adult standard, I use the term “kid” because I am over twice his age. He is the same age as one of my “KIDS” so that is how I referred to him. Again in no way am I saying or insinuating he is not an adult and should not be held to the standard of an adult!

Lastly I NEVER stated he should get off “scott free”. I am all for a fine that is in line with a second infraction and am even okay with it being on the heavier side because it involved an non-player. I do not believes he needs to be further suspended at this point as I BELIEVE he has yet to emotionally mature and got caught up in a moment. The trainer was not hurt and the shove was not severe…stupid based on the optics of the last week. Where I am willing to give him a break is because he manned up and apologized and reached out to the trainer on his own to further apologize. These are signs of growth and are in contrast to the “soft society” who never take accountability for their actions!

3 Likes

But at what point do you expect him to control his emotions? 25, 30, 40? Serious question. You know how many times I here about kids getting in trouble in middle school and nothing happens because he is just a kid. Then he escalates in High school but gets a slap on the wrist because he is just a kid. Then he gets coddled in college because he is just a young person and not fully mature. Finally he snaps and does something that ruins HIS life and sometimes other people lives. ALL because it was easier or felt better to say “yeah but he is just a kid”. This “just a kid” has been failed his entire life because nobody ever took the time to teach him to control his emotions. Sometimes the best love is tough love. Obviously he has quality characters and remorse. But he needs help and he needs it quickly. A 22 yo who cannot control his emotions in critical moments is a walking time bomb and it is not natural. As I said in the previous post - there are a lof of 22 year olds playing in the NFL. Most of them control their emotions. You may not see a red flag but I do.

2 Likes

Lol. He’s more well spoken then I anticipated him being after seeing him run off the field like

2 Likes

I am not saying that he is without red flags and many have said his Wonderlic score of 7 is very telling. I think you do a wonderful job of outlining how we create these issues…we coddle people, excuse their behaviors and try and make them someone else’s problem. Do I think we should just abandon him or should we try and help him rather then pile on him?

Now to answer your question, I don’t know because he needs to mature. He was a 22 year old in a very stressful spot in the biggest moment of his life. Some people can handle this while others crumble…and everywhere in between. He obviously crumbled, a second time. The only difference is the amount of pressure on him at that time as the first incident lacked that in my opinion.

What I think should happen is that the Pack need to find him a mentor and assist his growth as a human and player…many players who have grown up while in the league so they should be able to find that mentor for him. If he refuses the assistance or its given to him then you gotta cut ties and hopefully the other teams follow suit.

1 Like

I definitely agree that the Pack needs to support the man. But that should probably include a speech tutor. He talks like someone who scored a 7 on the wonderlic for sure. That wont serve him well if he ever wants to work anywhere after football.

He can be an investor or landlord or many other roles exist out there for him. Being a “worker” may serve you but it’s not the only option that exists.

1 Like