Quinton Bohanna

So, Bohanna was elevated from the practice squad. Will be active against Chicago. A reminder that he started 9 games for the Cowboys last season, had a fantastic preseason, but was a final cut due to a numbers game there.

We put him on the PS two months back, and now we’re going to see what he can bring at DT.

7 Likes

Disappointing that B-Mart isnt there yet to take that spot. I know he was raw, but I’m starting to give up on him already. I think this was one of Holmes worst picks. Traded up into round 3 for a guy most had pegged as a rd 6 or 7 guy with bad athletic testing, who has done nothing as a rookie and we hope can be a rotational guy next year. Could have had Dawand Jones with that pick.

2 Likes

Absolutely.

Super disappointing unless Brad is a savant. I never understood the B Mart pick, and there’s been no evidence to suggest he’s anywhere near his draft value.

1 Like

His nickname is Tommy

Happy Not Funny GIF by Fort Worth Water

1 Like

I have no idea if Martin will ever amount to anything, but even Holmes said after the draft this was a long term selection. He is extremely raw as a player and has a lot of development to do, but he is one of the bigger i
NT types with a good bit of athleticism and has insanely long arms. Martin was always a 2024 and beyond pick.

3 Likes

Yep ^
Player comp Linval Joseph was the same way nothing his first year

2 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for. It’s just … that was an incredible amount of equity into what most would claim to be both a long term project and the inherent risk in that.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with a 3rd rounder taking time to develop. Hell, even Iffy looks like a credible depth NFL player at safety now when we need him. Time is okay.

I like Holmes didn’t sit back and wait for a player to develop. He also has an option past Martin. Smart.

2 Likes

True we gave up a 5 and top pick in round 4
For Barnes.

Year 3 he’s coming into his own as a solid player…just like you said for Iffy

1 Like

Great, now I’ve got Shirley Ellis’ “The Name Game” stuck in my head.

1 Like

Levi could be back too. Practiced today.

Wait who said B Mart is inactive? Buggs is not playing we don’t know for sure about Levi . I some jumping the gun on who is active? Jones I would guess starts along with mac But we normally have 4.

What if the have B mart Bohanna Jones an Mac as the 4 middle big men? I know Bohanna an Connor Galvin are moving up fro PS. I have not seen any inactive list.

2 Likes

And yet somehow our run defense has been stellar

Tops in the league

2 Likes

I’m not straussing about it.

Posters questioning B Mart based on what? They ran with idea he would be inactive cus they are bring up Bohanna. Could be cus Buggs an Levi will be inactive.

Fans always ready to complain about a player an just as reminder they said he was a development pic with big upside. Many seem to ignore what is said to suit there compaints.

2 Likes

Based off of hindsight of course

1 Like

Exactly heavy dudes in the middle hasn’t been an issue at all this year.

Interior pass rush… okay that’s a different convo for sure

Don’t think Mr. Banana changes the pass rush much. That’s not his strength… he’s like 370 pounds. Could be a good nose tackle potentially though on early downs

1 Like

He is listed at 6-4 338 either way big player could free up McNeill more

1 Like

Let me defend Brad, based on the various interviews he and Dan have done. The staff puts a high value on guys who they feel can come in a contribute immediately. But they are willing to bring in guys who will take time to contribute if they believe in the core of who the guy is and that their issues can be “coached up.” But the more coaching a player needs, the bigger the upside needs to be.

With Bro-Mart the upside is Ted Washington. That is his comp. Saying that name to an offensive lineman who had to block him will send a shiver down their spine. While we are throwing our hands up on Bro-Mart in the middle of his rookie season, the 49ers gave up on Ted Washington after 3 years. And Ted was a 1st round pick. In year 4 things started to click for Ted, but his 2nd team moved on from him as well. In year 5 with his 3rd team, Ted hit his stride and he became a legendary player that could impact a game even when he didn’t record a single stat. Hooker was obviously not ready to start day 1. Brad said that Bro-Mart was the other player he took in the top 3 rounds that everyone on the staff knew could not contribute on day 1. Gibbs, Campbell, LaPorta and Branch were all considered day 1 contributors. They took Bro-Mart as a project where the juice is worth the squeeze.

4 Likes