Rambling Gambling Man

For some reason, I have noticed the software on this site deems some quotes to be unnecessary and deletes them. Not sure why, maybe to reduce clutter.

That’s definitely a negative for this site. Very irritating.

EDIT: it did it again!

Thought I was the only one.

That might be a deal killer for me. I don’t want to read entire threads to see where the context is coming from. I’ll see how i feel about it in a few weeks.

I tried quoting you in a different format, by highlighting your text and hitting the quote button that pops up. I am on a PC, not sure if mobile is the same.

EDIT: yep system editted the quote. Huh…

Just may or may not help you guys but just saying… I had some problems with it as well as I just came to the new site. However I found that once I have highlighted the text I want to quote a new button that reads quote will appear. However using the long press method to highlight the text also causes my smartphone to pull up the copy options. Do not I repeat do not press the copy option. Simply press the quote button while the text is highlighted and it has worked every time correctly for me when doing it in that way. So in short don’t press the copy button if that’s what you been doing and do not press the reply button once you have highlighted to text you wish to quote. Only use the quote button. Hope that helps have a great day everybody.

see my post above

I’m curious based on your statement of the fact you’re using your PC if others that are having similar problems are also using PCS and maybe that is the glitch that doesn’t exist if you’re using a mobile device?? Just wondering aloud

I was hitting reply, then the quote icon (far left), then write my content, and finally reply again. Let’s see if your method worked. (it did) …Even if I master that method, others won’t. You’ll still have to seek out context which can be irritating.

I agree it’s pretty cumbersome either way. I wasn’t defending the programming simply stating what I had experienced in hopes that it would help at least some other members three.

I am currently quoting your response by highlighting the entire comment and hitting the “quote” button and now typing my response. I am on a PC, as I rarely look at the site on my phone since I spend most of my wotk/free time on a PC/laptop. Let’s see what happens when i hit reply.

For some reason, the quote stayed this time.

My bets to start the season.
Buccaneers -1 for $20. Return $18.18
Colts +6.5 for $20. Return $18.18
Buffalo Bills +2.5 for $20. Return $19.05
Cowboys - 7 for $20. Return $17.39
Lions -2.5 for $50. Return $41.67
Lions to win NFC North for $50. Return $650
Lions to win over 6.5 games. Used $200 of free house money. Return $133.33

No, he said you get some of your money back.

1 Like

I started a thread complaining about the same issue. Recently I’ve noticed that after I type out a response (on my phone), a check mark appears next to reply if i wait a second. When I wait for the checkmark to appear and THEN hit reply, it seems to post the quote. But if I finish my reply and immediately submit it, the quote goes away. It’s almost like the system needs a second to process what I just did.

1 Like

Good call…

Well, I should have taken Wes’ advice about the Jets and Bills.
Edit: Come on Bills. Pull this one out.

There you go!

1 Like

Yes…

It’s odd, I’ve never had any issues with it – but I also almost never use the board on computer.