Rams are trying to Trade Cooper Kupp

https://x.com/DMRussini/status/1848782475696210070

per Dianna Russini

Im actually shocked by this, but this tells me that Stafford and Mcvay maybe are at their ends

1 Like

welcome to Tampa Bay Mr Kupp

4 Likes

And, the rebuild begins.
This is how selling the farm for one Super Bowl ends.

9 Likes

I mean they might?

Godwin is a FA after this season

Kupp is signed till 2026

Its on the table, question is how long Mike Evans is out

I see the Chiefs also in on Kupp aswell.

1 Like

Trading a 31 year old receiver who hasn’t played a full season in 3 years equals a rebuild? :thinking:

4 Likes

I mean…

thats Stafford Ol’ reliable

its a big move by them, he is their best offensive weapon arguably

they have younger talent dont get me wrong, but hes signed till 2026

really tells me the Rams realize their window has likely closed.

4 Likes

Remember

Rams dont have thier 2nd, they gave it to the Panthers last year to trade up for Fiske.

makes sense why they are seeking one, and them taking on some of the salary can make that trade attainable.

People want their narratives to match reality.

2 Likes

Williams and Puka are their future… Like Belichick, trade em too early before it’s too late

2 Likes

They are, not arguing against it, but the divison is wide open

Stafford is getting older, Mcvay has expressed that he might retire sooner than later

reading the tea leaves a lil bit, it tells me that Snead is accepting they are in a rebuild now, and that he needs to build for the future.

Biggest question I guess now is if thats with Mcvay or not.

1 Like

Perhaps a good argument for some load management. That 25 or so games of insane volume really seems to have broken him. Maybe he would have broken down anyway but when you add the physicality in the run game that McVay asks of his WRs it’s just a lot on a body.

5 Likes

it is for sure, man had an insane year

Its hard to say if Rams will get the 2nd or not

Tampa could be desperate, and they come from similar schemes.

Biggest Question is if hes traded before or after the TNF game

also, could mean Kupp has to sit, because hes in trade talks.

Trade a 2nd have him play the 2 weeks Jamo is out and then trade him for a 1st

Think About It GIF by Identity

5 Likes

Guess who’s played more the last 3 years… Jamo or Kupp

I agree on the load management discussion.

It is why the Lions will be all set with the RB room for the next 3+ years. Keep them fresh. They have gone to a pretty rigid rotation with Gibbs and Monty. And I expect now that Monty is a bit banged up we will see more of CR and Vaki. Maybe not on running downs but on pure passing downs when they will be used to block. Minimize the damage as much as possible.

Man, if I was the Bills I would have waited it out and traded for Kupp. Cooper had a pretty good first game but give me Kupp by a longshot in playoff games.
I can see Tampa being in on this after their disaster Monday.

I think there’s no way Kupp fetches a 2d Rd pick.

The Bills received Cooper and a 2025 sixth-round draft pick for a 2025 third-round pick and a seventh-round selection in 2026.

Cooper’s a better WR than Kupp and has been since 2022. The Kupp of 2021 is long gone and the Kupp of 2022-2023 is, at best, the current reality.

If the Rams get anything approaching the Cooper deal, they’re lucky a team was so desperate.

2 Likes

Maybe Jackrabbit Jerry will cough up a 2nd for him he already has the overpaid QB and doesnt need the money to resign anyone on defense or anything :face_with_peeking_eye:

Gimme Goff to Kupp rd 2
â– â– â– â–  those picks. give me the super bowl

It would be hard to say no if we could get Kupp for a third. No?

https://www.ketk.com/sports/sports-illustrated/beaf685c/potential-cooper-kupp-trade-landing-spots-lions-commanders-should-go-all-in/