Rams getting preferred treatment?

So what you’re saying is the WWE is better scripted than the nfl…. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hulk Hogan Sport GIF by WWE

1 Like

Take your vitamins brother!!!

2 Likes

Shit makes me laugh so hard. Even just the gifs. Their actual way of showing up was hilarious.

Hulk Hogan Freedom GIF

Not if they’re the packers

Here’s another great Barkley vid

2 Likes

Lol that is awesome

I like all of those guys. I was very black and white, when I was a kid. If you didn’t play for the Pistons, I hated you (I was a different dude, back then).

I wasn’t the biggest fan of Shaq as a player either. I thought he was below average work ethic and relied on talent. Dude was an absolute MONSTER in college, but got lazy in pros. I really like him as a man. He has done a ton more good than bad in the world.

Really like all 4 of those dudes. Love how you can see how much they all care about each other.

1 Like

I don’t even consider it anymore. Sure, there are good calls, bad calls, no calls, etc… Nothing I can do about it. Nothing you can do about it. They call it the way they call it. You, me, none of us have to like it. We have NO control over it. I don’t let it bother me. I have more important things to deal with. Stuff I actually have a little bit of control over

1 Like

It’s a perfect role for the Ford family.

I guess the one play in the Lions - Ravens game that shocked the hell out of me was Swift’s pass that was ruled incomplete. That is not a call the Lions typically get. That’s a Green Bay special in my opinion. But yeah generally the Lions get screwed pretty hard by the refs. I damn near broke my TV when they called Calvin Johnson’s touchdown against Chicago incomplete. But there are many many other instances as we all know where we as fans are just left scratching our heads.

1 Like

I will say that yeah, the Lions have been on the wrong end of some pretty shitty flags. And non flags, but again, I’m not going to get all twisted about it. I have enough problems.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing when I watched it. Noone would have faulted the refs for calling it the other way. And I’m glad you brought up Green Bay. We can talk about the blatant calls…but there’s also a soft underbelly of grey area calls like that. Those almost always tick against us…and they tend to favor a team like Green Bay. Like when our guy ran out of bounds. The rule is pretty clear, so we got penalized (as we should). I think there are 25+ other teams that would have had the same result. But when it comes to a team like Green Bay its like the refs all of a sudden think to themselves “well we know its the rule but he technically didn’t get involved in the play so we will use discretion on this one.” WTF? The same goes for holding calls. There are holding calls that bring back big plays all the time. But with a team like Green Bay they either ignore them or say “well, that was on the backside of the play and didn’t really factor in so we’ll let it go.” WTF? WTF?

lucious lyon wtf GIF

2 Likes

I bet if the lions fans did this for Tuckers kick it wouldn’t have beat the wind…

Hulk Hogan Sport GIF by WWE

2 Likes

LOL - you are probably right.

I seem to remember a story about the Twins in the Metrodome and how they would shift the direction of the fans that kept the dome inflated so they blew in towards the infield when the away team was up to bat and blew out towards the fences when the Twins were at the plate.

I don’t think that’s even possible, but it made for a good story.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m actually amazed by how often the away teams headsets go out during key moments in the game. Coaches just shrug it off as normal. I’m guessing they don’t want to lose their home field version of the same thing so they keep their mouth shut.

1 Like

Home field advantage to me is a lot more prevalent in baseball and even basketball.

Larry Legend knew every dead spot on the parquet.

Baseball it’s been like this for 125 years…the Baltimore Chop, the long grass in Tiger Stadium, Coors Field/Yankee Stadium/Forbes Field etc…

Football is basically turf or grass.

The NFL is pushing the Rams hard. No doubt the refs are on board, whether they do it consciously or not.

Something tells me the Rams first half holding penalties are way down this year, even with a patched together o-line. It’s the easiest way for refs to determine the outcome of the game. Once the game is out of hand for the Rams, they call a hold late in the fourth quarter, and nobody asks any questions.

And yes, it should piss us off.

1 Like