Rams getting preferred treatment?

“NFL Media” headquarters is literally located on the campus of So-Fi stadium for the Rams. It was part of the plans when it was built and approved. The operations side is still back in New York.

1 Like

Down 21-10 in the 2nd quarter… and the Rams needed some points in bad way. Cooper Kupp got a 35 yard catch with Stafford getting a little extra time to throw.

If only there was a ref near the play… oh wait… that is Shawn Hochuli right there. Maybe he was too jealous of JJ Watt’s guns to throw the flag? :muscle::muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

Looks like a flagrant one.
I can see them missing some, but the level of biased officiating is too much to ignore. It’s getting more unbalanced all the time. If the NFL truly wanted to fix it, they could. Officiating bias will be the next hurdle for Coach Dan. He’ll get us competitive next year or the year after. They need to get a plan around and start implementing it now, in terms of handling biased officiating.

I’m not going to argue that there isn’t bias to officiating, but those stills, which happened over the course of a fraction of a second, make that particular situation look worse and more obvious than it actually was.

The frames are over the course of time that it took Matt to partially wind up, which isn’t long at all, and the “hold” part was a single frame of that.

Watch the video.
The reason I posted 3 frames was to show that Watt traveled about 5 yards with Havenstein’s arm wrapped around him.

I didn’t get a stopwatch out the first time… but Watt running 5 yards while being held typically takes more than a “fraction” of a second. Well… unless we are talking 99/100 or more of a second. :wink:

Here is another angle to show how flagrant this hold was on Watt.
Game clock at 5:47 when they engage…

Holding has begun at 5:46 mark of game clock… this image correlates to the top image of my previous post as Watt is on the 37 yard line. Stafford has just planted the back leg, and is holding the ball with 2 hands and back foot on 31 yard line.

And now the game clock is at 5:44… when Stafford has the ball ready to release with his back foot now at 33 yard line after having time to step into the throw… and Watt is now at the 32 yard line… and this image correlates exactly to the 3rd screen shot I posted above… CLEARLY over a full second later.

Watt should have just worn a saddle on that play.
The average time to throw a pass is about 2.6 or 2.7 seconds… and Stafford took at least that long on this play. He benefitted from a hold that lasted at least 40% of the time of the play.

I’m sorry but this is cringe and weird. You can find plays like this several times, every single game. It’s possible Stafford has always been an elite QB stuck with a shitty team and now he’s balling out. Like I predicted he would.

3 Likes

Word

GIF by Saturday Night Live

If it happens every game… Feel free to point out a play… just 1 play… any time in the past 12 years… where the Lions were able to avoid a holding call… when an O-linemen held a guy for over a full second of play time while the defender ran for at least 5 yards while being held.

I’m anxious to see one.

2 Likes

2 Likes

As a Rams fan I can admit the officials have been very generous for us this year. Really since we left STL and came back to LA it’s been a day and night difference. But this year it’s the most drastic I’ve seen.

I find it hilarious that there are fans who think officiating doesn’t matter. Officials absolutely change the course of some games. I remember litteraly having wins taken away from us in Saint Louis.

4 Likes

Can’t blame the ref for missing that call, he was too focused on Stafford and how damn good looking he is!

3 Likes

I get LA. What baffles me is why the league thinks Green Bay is such a preferred market. They also don’t get holding calls called against them. Lang said as much after he signed here

2 Likes

How odd that Stafford has his worst game against the best team they’ve played to date.

Seems like we’ve heard something about this before?!?!

#Truth

1 Like

Havenstein’s arm isn’t around Watt in that first frame. Havenstein’s got his arm straight like he’s gonna clothesline someone. That’s Watt’s arm bent across his chest so that he can dip under Havenstien.

I bet the Rams do get more calls than the Lions, but I don’t think this is a good example. That example against Tampa on the DJax TD was a better example.

3 Likes

Green Bay has a big national audience and they bring in the ratings. BigWillie said the Packers are one of the teams networks fight to try to air their games. Plus they’ve been winning for a long time. And winning teams get better calls on average vs bad teams.

Now that I’ve seen LeFluer meltdown over not getting his way 100% of the time I’m excited to see that team without Rodgers. The demise might be more entertaining than I ever imagined. The possible fall of the Packers dynasty AND we get to see it on the face of the coach week after week. A coach who actually thought he was as good as his teams record, but got exposed.

Season 3 Reaction GIF by The Simpsons

3 Likes

Watch the play.
Watt is wearing black gloves… Havenstein has white gloves on.

Why does Havenstein have white gloves on?

Because McVay and LaFleur both have their O-line wear white gloves at home so the refs can ignore the Rams and Packers holding calls when grabbing the road teams’ white jerseys!

And side note… many probably have seen the Packers and LaFleur crying for a tripping call on TJ Watt Sunday… but notice they didn’t mind that the holding was not called on Turner while Watt was trying to make a play on Rodgers. If Turner had not held Watt… he would have just sacked him with a normal tackle. Notice that Watt is even reaching back for Rodgers but can’t move because of Turner’s arm hooked around his shoulder pads.

But don’t take my word for it… just keep listening to the Troy Aikmans of the world who are suckling off the NFL tit and cashing checks…

I pointed this out in the game thread. The fact that the commentators didn’t even begin to point out the hold but went out of their way to talk about the trip was almost comical. That’s how you know the bias we see isn’t just an innocent mistake here and there that works itself out in the end. At least when it comes to certain franchises. And right now the Packers are the kind dingaling of biased treatment by the refs.

yeah… the HOLD was what I noticed first when I watched the game.
Was already kind of watching Watt to see how he was going to wreck the play… and couldn’t really see how Rodgers even fell on the first angle of the play. It was obvious though that Watt was held from both angles.