Rams--->Lions pick

I think so, yes. Someone did the math on another thread I think. Outside of some <1% miracle, 4 is as high as we can get

My favorite player Trade Down is in this draft. Hopefully we pick him.

2 Likes

Brad could trade down from both picks, wouldn’t that flip lids? Adding a couple more 2nd rd beans and bringing in a tour bus full of new guys?

2 Likes

Or just wait until they cut him.

correct. the highest we can pick is fourth. the bronco’s play the chargers who have a slightly better record than the seahawks, who are the rams opponent, but the SOS disparity won’t change enough to reverse this.

Ideally, the rooting guide is

Lions Win
Rams Win- PLAYOFFS BABY
Vegas beats KC- yeah probably not happening
Carolina beats Nawlins- Very possible
Atlanta beats Tampa- Keeping TB12 upright for the playoffs could mean the Kyle Trask show part of the game
RamBean stays at 6 with all three wins, good chance at dropping only to 7.

LionBean is anywhere from 19-32!

2 Likes

We have the best odds of landing the #5 pick. Because Seattle will be favored over the Rams, and Indianaplois will be favored over the Texans (though I’m not sure why!). Next is the sixth pick (Rams lose, Colts lose…OR Rams win and Falcons Raiders and Panthers win).
Here is the complete breakdown:
Pick 5: 53%
Pick 6: 19%
Pick 8: 12%
Pick 9: 8%
Pick 7: 6%
Pick 4: 2%

2 Likes

The would make me Kwesi…

3 Likes

I’m highly anticipating, assuming the Lions wind up #5, tradedown to #8, with either CAR/LV/NO/IND, and grabbing an early 2nd Rounder in 2023, maybe more, if it becomes a bidding contest for a QB. At #8, Brad can still have the pick-of-the-litter CB for cheaper dollars, and snaring another 2nd Rounder da boot…Conceivably, Brad could then draft his NT(Ika?), LB (Sanders?), or DL(Dexter?) with the extra pick.

2 Likes

Amazon Football GIF by NFL On Prime Video

1 Like

Head to head is the first tie breaker. So if it comes down to just the Rams and Broncos in a tie breaker, it will go to the Broncos.

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Welcome to Lions fandom. Most people here have 20+ years of having nothing to look forward to but the draft from November onward.

Much like the team needs to “learn to win”, a huge chunk of this fan base needs some reps waiting longer to put on their pretend GM hat.

2 Likes

Myself and @BigNatty depending on what Dan/Brad thought. Since they are the real evaluators and watched all the QB’s 1st hand at the senior bowl, they had the insight we fans never will. We both said numerous times, if Brad/Dan love one of the QB’s we’d both be all in. If not, all is/was good. In Brad I trust.
It’s easy to like a QB based on highlights, it’s game film, practice and personality that we fans only get a sliver of.
Some posters on this board go to extraordinary lengths to study up on draft prospects, thank you for your insight guys/gals, I wish I had the time to do the same.

Better off hoping for the beans. Just this year. This will be the last year that the Lions will be picking in the top part of the draft for several years. Honestly, I was counting on them to suck this one last year. One last time picking in the top 5 or 10. Even top 20! Starting in 2023 , like I said, they won’t be picking in the top half of any draft for a while. Man, 2 top 10 picks would put them over the edge for the immediate future. And cheap, too. They could get that quarterback of the future and another pass rusher. Oh well. It’s not the first time I’ve been disappointed (not really disappointed….that’s too strong of a word for it)and won’t be the last. Like I’ve mentioned before, they’re several steps ahead of us flunky fans. They already know what they want to do at every position. All we have to do is kick back and watch them do it. But still….one last year of sucking wouldn’t have killed em. Sigh….

Not for draft order.

First tiebreaker is strength of schedule. Bronco’s SOS is .485 after 16 games. Rams SOS is .507 after 16 games. Broncos still need to play the Chargers at .625. Rams play the Seahawks who sit at .500. If you factor in the remaining game the Broncos SOS will be .493, while the Rams SOS will stay at .507 (.5066). So the Broncos still have the easier SOS, so would pick before the Rams. (Technically, you would need to recalculate each teams SOS after game 17 taking account of what all of their previous opponents did in week 17. But, this late in the season, its way too much ground to make up.)

The head-to-head tiebreaker is actually the fourth tie breaker for draft order: 1. SOS, 2. divisional record (presumably if from the same division?), 3. conference tiebreaker (same conference?), then head-to-head.

Asking why its not the same as the playoff rules would be a very valid question IMHO.

I say this with a friendly smile…

You Are Crazy GIF

2 Likes

#1… which players would be drafted in the top 5… or even top 10 … that would be franchise changing players in this draft… vs…. the benefit of the locker room buying into what the coaches are preaching???

#2…. Do you think there is zero value to the players on this current roster to experience success after a tough start to the season???

#3… If you answered yes to question #2… have you ever played footvall or any team sport???

1 Like

They finally shut him down…

3 Likes

guess he had a Problem.

3 Likes