Rams--->Lions pick

Noticed early in the third that he was starting to pull to the left. A clear sign his ball joint wasn’t right.

4 Likes

Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

1 Like

Also wrong. The 2nd and final tie breaker for the draft is a coin flip.

1 Like

What source do you have for that? Do you have a link @JimInTN?
Here is the one I used: (coin toss is 7th, 8th or 9th tiebreaker depending on whether divisional or conference tie-breakers apply).

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, division or conference tiebreakers are applied. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, or ties still exist between teams of different conferences, ties will be broken the following tie-breaking method:

1. Head-to-head, if applicable
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (minimum of four)
  3. Strength of victory in all games
  4. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games
  5. Best net points in all games
  6. Best net touchdowns in all games
  7. Coin toss

This is why you want a QB who CAN run if they have to but can feel the pressure and move out of the pocket and throw it away OR pick up a few yards while running it out of bounds. AR led the league in rushing yards for a QB in the past doing exactly that, but because there has been a major move to have the RB/QB, well, that era is over. Injuries to this type of player, risk vs reward, I’m out. Goff might be average with re to pocket movement, and that might be kind, but he has made up for it by avoiding sacks and throwing it away. We have to have an above average OL for him to be successful, so what? Teams have identities, if that’s ours I’m good. If they move on from BigV I want an OG in the first 4 picks. Let our RB’s do the running and the QB do what he is suppose to do, throw the ball. The Bears screwed up by taking Fields IMO even if the early success of his running looks impressive, unstopable. The problem is once teams figure out how to play contain, he’s a less than average QB trying to beat you with his arm. This is the first in what will be a long list of injuries for Fields, it isn’t if, it’s when. Lamar Jackson has 17 TD’s passing and 3 running this year, it’s a good thing his D is allowing 18.18 points per game.

With our Rams pick I want Carter or trade out. If NEITHER are possible then take your highest rated CB.

3 Likes

Ok, I was wrong. The rule change in 2019.

2 Likes

Thanks @JimInTN. Always enjoy your contributions.

1 Like

Had to write it out (current draft pick in ( ), team we want in bold
Relevant games:
SF -14 (4)AZ,
(5)Indy -2.5 Houston,
Seattle -6 (6)Rams,
(7)Atl -4 TB,
KC -8.5(8)LV,
NO -3 (9)Car

Pick 5: 53% Rams lose, and one of two (Indy, AZ) win
Pick 6: 19% Rams lose, Indy loses - or - Rams win and LV, Car and Atl all win (yay)
Pick 8: 12% Rams win, one of three (LV, Car, Atl) win
Pick 9: 8% Rams win, LV, Car, Atl all lose
Pick 7: 6% Rams win, two of three (LV, Car, Atl) win
Pick 4: 2% Rams lose, and Indy, AZ both win

We’re rooting for four underdogs (AZ, Rams, LV, Car) and two favorites (Indy, Atl). If it goes chalk, we get pick 5, but don’t make the playoffs. If the Rams win and the rest goes chalk, we get pick 8. I would love that.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.