Rams pick predictions

This reminds me of last year when everyone said GB was dead after their week 1 beatdown.

The Rams are a good team. A lot of people are overreacting here. The Rams will be a playoff team.

2 Likes

Honestly, you can throw Goff under the bus all you want for that season but what about the D? They gave up 55 and lost even thought their O scored 40. In 5 of their 7 loses their D gave up over 30 points, in fact in 5 of their 7 loses they averaged giving up over 40 points a game.

2 Likes

Won’t shock me if they go 10-7.

1 Like

I like Stafford but seen way too many bad give up seasons. California can kill you too, you know.

Probably 26-32, probably 32 because…Lions.
People writing off the Rams because they lost 1 game to a juggernaut are wishful thinking big time. This is an elite team that is on the short list of SB contenders.

2 Likes

Elite? Nah. Not sure they were even elite last year. They’re a good team with a great coach a very good quarterback and a top 5 all time defender. They will win double digit games. I don’t think they’re elite though. Perhaps my definition is different.

I think Whitworth is a HUGE loss. One that goes far beyond simply his high end play at left tackle.

1 Like

There were 5 rosters better than the Rams last year. Everyone points to their star power and believe 6-7 players made them elite.

Bucs, Bills, Chiefs, Packers had better overall rosters last year. I would even say Dallas had a better roster.

1 Like

I think it’s the path they have to take, they have a really tough schedule. They lost game 1 in what can only be described as a beat down but I doubt they are that shook, good teams move on. That said they were exposed somewhat on both O and D, it’s not the same team. LT is gone, DE is gone, #2 WR is gone and they lost 2 out of 3 to to SF last year. Gonna be an interesting season.

Agreed with Whitworth being a loss, Miller too actually, but they still have as much star power as anybody else (even if the depth took a hit) and a great coach that gets the most out of his guys. They aren’t THE favorite to win it all but I’d be hard pressed to find 5 teams that are better. They certainly won’t miss the playoffs in the abomination that is the NFC.

1 Like

Yep. But also a top heavy roster. They were lucky injury wise last year outside of Woods (and OBJ was a rare midseason opportunity to compensate). I think it’s 10-11 wins provided they have league average luck with health

2 Likes

I could see 10-11 wins but they’re not missing the playoffs and who is clearly better than them in the NFC? They’ll be one of the favorites to get to the SB.

Either way, the bean is likely to not be that magical. They’ll decline immediately after the Lions don’t own their 1st anymore because…Lions.

1 Like

Bean blasphemy

1 Like

They have problems at WR too. Kupp is Kupp but that team won’t do well if Stafford is throwing to him 13 times a game and there aren’t a lot of other good options. I wouldn’t be surprised of Robinson is done. He looked done last year.

Rams will still win 10 games unless Stafford gets hurt. They gotta protect him better though. Starts with running the ball.

1 Like

W o r d
Only way they miss playoffs is if Matt gets hurt.

Didn’t punt once! What if they didn’t have all of the turnovers? WOW!

Completely agree w/this too.

1 Like

McVey has embraced a sling-it offense. Last year they ran the most 11 personnel in the league and I read last night they lined up in 11 even though their line was getting blown up.

You would think there would have been an adjustment to bring in an extra TE to help protect Stafford

Unless McVey adjusts, their Season relies on Stafford having time and being able to throw the ball accurately. Their Oline and this mystery elbow malady could make that a challenge

1 Like

Or, he’s taking the Belichick approach to the 1st quarter of the season and using it as an extended tune up period.

I don’t want to get into any flame wars, Stafford has won his ring and I wish nothing but happiness for the dude, but I’d also love for my Leos to have a better pick. That being said, I wouldn’t start carving tombstones for the Rams just yet. The Bills are really good, the Rams are probably a lot better than they looked last night and Stafford is still an elite QB

3 Likes

So, you were hoping Brycen Hopkins would see the field in a 12 formation? Probably not going to happen, like us, they would be better off bringing in a backup OT. I’m hoping to be surprised with the pick of Mitchell but certainly not holding my breath.

1 Like

My guess is in the 15 - 20 range

I don’t know too much about the blocking capabilities of the Rams TEs, RBs But if you’re getting murdered like they were last night and your quarterbacks getting sacked seven times, One might want to consider moving away from three wide and keeping in someone or going 6 OL to help protect.

2 Likes