Rams shopping stafford per Lombardi

Haha! Jigsaw puzzles were far too complicated for Millen.

test guy GIF

I am too emotionally attached to Stafford to disagree. He literally was the reason I still watched the Lions when I was ready to give up on them. Iā€™d bring back 10% of Stafford over Goff even if it made the team worse, so I canā€™t have a real opinion on this.

1 Like

Gonna start a ā€œBring Back Matt Threadā€ because this place needs some life.

He once told the press that he did one in record time over the weekend because it said 5-8 years on the side of the box.

I did it. I did a thing.

As much as I would love him back, I donā€™t want to give the fans that know Goff is taking us to the SB fuel when Stafford doesnā€™t.

Itā€™s too late for me. All my logic has already left my brain.

2 Likes

I do too, but I mean, this is what he asked for. And he got a Super Bowl ring out of it. It looks like itā€™s turning to shit on him now but thatā€™s the NFL.

Do you blame him for asking to leave? Iā€™m happy he got his SB but doesnā€™t mean I still donā€™t want the best for him. Being on a team in full rebuild is not something he deserves.

Iā€™ll take a hard pass on Stafford, Kelly drama, his train wrecked body, reports of numbness, the very real chance of seeing another guy paralyzed in a Lions uniform, etc. Iā€™ll keep the great memories and treasure them always, but really I wish Matt would retire and enjoy his life with his daughters for all of their own sakes.

3 Likes

Nope, not at all. But Iā€™m not gonna feel bad for him. We gave him what he wanted and he got a Super Bowl out of it.

And Iā€™m hardwired to distance myself from anyone who doesnā€™t want to be a Detroit Lion, whether itā€™s a logical decision on their end (or mine) or not. He wanted out, fine, but now itā€™s on him.

2 Likes

I agree with all of this (except the Kelly ā€œdramaā€ā€”sheā€™s a hero for what sheā€™s been through in life).

BUT ā€¦

If he absolutely must play, Iā€™d prefer it be here.

2 Likes

The Detroit winters make the pretzels a lot more painful!

2 Likes

I get it, I do, but imo if he wants to roll the dice with his life, and that should be a freedom of his own choice, I donā€™t want him back in a Lions uni.

One Chuck Hughes was enough.
One Mike Utley was enough.
One Reggie Brown was too much.

Iā€™m sorry to douse the ice water, but I donā€™t believe Stafford was even in decent shape LEAVING the Lions. Heā€™s not getting better and heā€™s not getting younger. If he wants to run the risks, and can find a team willing to pay him to do it, good luck and godspeed. I just donā€™t want it to be the Lions.

3 Likes

Can they afford to move him?

1 Like

Have fun getting Broke Back to pass a physical

2 Likes

A poster mentioned this yesterday and his thread locked

2 Likes

Valid question

Me also makes thread on it :stuck_out_tongue:
Ill delete mine or have it merged