Rams vs packers (beans or end of packers reign?)

Why not both?

We root for both until having only one becomes possible. When that day comes, we’ll root for playoffs only, but only when that day comes. And that day isn’t today.

1 Like

I’m rooting for playoffs AND a top 3 pick. Both are possible at this point.

1 Like

There is nothing new about a top 3 pick but making the playoffs is something new.

I’ll bet if you asked the players your trying to change the culture with, going to the playoffs will be more important the that top 3 pick.

I agree. But I also bet that if you asked the players if they’d want to win out an earn a playoff spot or back into one by others losing, they’d choose win out.

2 Likes

How is it both ? If you choose to have the Pack beat the Rams for a bean and the pack goes on to win out your out of the playoffs. Picking at 3 doesn’t change the culture and it also doesn’t guarantee you Carter.

So now your changing the it, how does the pack losing make us backing in the playoffs ? We need to win out no matter what. And the pack needs to lose for us to make it also I believe.

You must be planning to lose to the Packers.

1 Like

Not at all , one game at a time. And I’m not one to think everything goes as planned or that I have a crystal ball.

1 Like

Yes Yes Yes

Ah, here is where the confusion comes in. The Packers don’t have to lose for us to get in, other than the tie breaker game in the final week. We are 7-7 and they are 5-8. A win tonight puts them 2 games behind us because it gets them to 6-8 but we also have the tie breaker for beating them earlier this year.

2 Likes

Ok I thought they had to lose one game .

2 Likes

I’ll be cheering for the stadium to catch fire…no injuries to fans or players of course. Maybe a ref gets some minor burns. haha

1 Like

So if the Packers win this specific game they’re guarenteed to win out?

I for one still rather have the Packers lose there out we’re still in and really could care less about picking #3. As I think if your not picking top 2 your not getting Carter. And then your kinda in no man’s land.

If we win out it doesn’t matter what the packers do. We’re in. So yes, I’d rather the rams lose so we get the higher draft pick and make the playoffs. Especially beating Green Bay at lambeau to do it!

WTF who said that, but it’s the first step. And there is no Guarantee they won’t that’s why we play the games.

Ok you can feel that way. I don’t

Facts:

• GB loses this weekend and they are eliminated from the 6th seed; I want this.

• Lions win this weekend and we stay in contention for the 7th outright and the sixth depending on other teams; I want this

• (not a total fact here but a solid) Rams are projected to for 5-12…. Same as 5 other teams at this time. The worst that would get us is 7/8 pick from what I see.

I will take that to get GB out of the playoff math asap!

2 Likes

So what if we don’t win out ? Does the packer win matter ? I really don’t know

Yes it does as if they win Sunday they stay alive for the6/7 seed. It this increases thier chances to make the playoffs and God forbid we suddenly lose out and they win out….

If we can’t go; they freaking can’t either….

They simply need to lose this Sunday and we win baby!

Go do the espn sim thingie and all you need is

Lions lose out
GB wins out
And Washington and Seattle to have 8 wins each or less…

And Packers are in …. Hence they die imho tonight

1 Like