Ready to ditch Jared? Goff vs Mahommes

1 Like

Mahomes is experiencing the Tyreek Hill effect. Some of his superpowers have transferred to the QB in Miami.

5 Likes

Ready to ditch Jared? Goff vs Mahommes

Mahomes in a NY second! You?

4 Likes

I like Goff a lot but only one of those QBs can play in weather that isn’t perfect and warm, and it isnt Goff.

2 Likes

Patrick Mahomes

Patrick Lavon Mahomes II (Grim Reaper, Showtime, Magic Man, The Musician, Fatrick, The Gunslinger or Mahomeboy)

I think Mahomes needs another nickname.

1 Like

Jeremy Reisman

@DetroitOnLion

“Since the bye, however, Goff’s QBR under pressure is 0.6. That’s less than one out of 100. It’s the worst mark in football.”

2 Likes

So teams knew Goff is not good under pressure last year on our run, and also into this season when we were winning. So what were we doing different, is it Oline injuries, play calling? Are we not able to run the ball like we had been the past 15 or 20 games? Our play action was devastating, and now? Meh.

I’d take half of mahomes rushing yards for jared. If goff was even SLIGHTLY more mobile that would help this offense so much.

4 Likes

Omg! The statue has 2 TD’s and the mobile QB has 0.
Zero. Zilch. Denied.
Doesn’t Mahomes get an asterisk this season, though?

And this is why Stats are for losers…

I like Goff. But I think the days of a QB that can not create some on his own or run for a few first downs now and again is over. Similar to the NBA and pure point guards. Yes if you are a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning maybe you can be a statue and still thrive. But you have the be like the ELITE game manger and have off the charts QB IQ. Goff is a B in those areas but not a future HOF.

I am not sure how you handle this situation as Goff is solid. And he is a top half guy. But it appears he will never be a guy who can extend plays or create his own shot.

Also, ever since Mahomes got his knee/ankle hurt on that QB sneak years ago he is very selective on when is scrambles and such. It is only in big moments and in the playoffs. Otherwise he is sliding or handing it off. He is focused on that long career and not getting himself destroyed for a regular season win. For him it is clearly all about the playoffs and the Super Bowls wins.

2 Likes

Now replace Mahomes with Hooker. That will be the decision that Brad will have to make.

Is Brad ready to ride or die with Hooker?

Is the fan base ready for the potential growing pains, or flat out bust possibilities of Hooker?

1 Like

We all saw Mahomes go apeshit on a ref for correctly flagging lineman for being offsides. Imagine him on the Lions and having to endure actual ref screw jobs. His head would literally melt

4 Likes

Static QBs win the most Super Bowls. Only Mahomes (twice) and Wilson have managed to win it all as a mobile QB. People have been saying the time for pure pocket passers has passed since the 1990s, but those pure pocket passers keep winning Super Bowls. You can call Brady and P Manning outliers if you want but Stafford, Foles, Eli (twice), Big Ben (twice) and Flacco all won Super Bowls during the supposed era of the mobile QB.

If you have a good pocket presence and the ability to confidently slide and step up in the pocket then it can work. But that’s where I think Goff has some issues.

2 Likes

Big Ben was mobile in his 20s.

Then he got fat lol

We have the 7th ranked offense in the league. You can win a Superbowl with that, obviously there are 6 teams doing even better. That 25th ranked defense is a big problem though. That’s like - fogetaboutit. Jamo probably wants to strangle Goff though.

5 Likes

Stafford has more 100 yard rushing seasons (5 v 4) than Big Ben, and a higher single season high for rushing. If Stafford wasn’t mobile, then neither was Big Ben. I will agree that Ben had much more pocket presence than Stafford, but he was never mobile.

Stafford was mobile too in his youth.

I’m not talking about rushing. I’m talking about using athletic ability to bye time in the pocket.

I don’t know if there’s anything like this on Jared Goff’s resume

2 Likes

If all General managers were surveyed and allowed to pick either Goff or Mahomes who would get the most votes ? I like Goff but Mahomes would be a lock.

1 Like

Goff in a standard year vs Mahomes in a bad year.

ngl. I would crash a plane into your house if it made Mahomes a Lion

I think the point is about stats being comparable and hell Goff has actually won more games this year. It’s about being so sure you are ready to move on to a different QB.

No one is picking Goff over Mahomes.

1 Like