Real men get their buttholes probed regularly

Hi all,

Was reading this piece earlier, and thought it was a good time to remind everyone to get screened: https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/17/health/cancer-incidence-rising-report/index.html

I’ve had 2 colonoscopies. The first showed polyps, which they removed, the second I got the all clear. I go back in 3 years. I’m 43. Cancer is on the rise. Especially colon cancer. Especially in younger males who don’t think they need to worry about it.

There’s other screening options but I know too many dudes who get the willies just thinking about it. As this article points out, a colonoscopy is not exactly a joyful experience, but it’s a ■■■■■■■ amusement park compared to chemotherapy.

Love you all. Be smart. Make an appointment.

~

20 Likes

I asked my Dr. last year and he said we’d start at 45. Do you have a family history?

My mom had polyps. But otherwise, no. I just advocated on behalf of myself and said, “I wasn’t the healthiest person in my twenties and thirties” so doc got it scheduled.

1 Like

No history here, turned 50 … 3 polyps non cancerous easy to treat. come back in 5 years. it’s so easy. a quick 20 nap and done.

4 Likes

they just remove them no issue…

2 Likes

worst part literally is clearly the pipes…the procedure is a nothinburger. sorry for the multiple single posts.

3 Likes

Dr would even order a colonoscopy for me at 44 after my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer. Said I should just wait the year since insurance likely won’t cover the procedure until I was 45 anyway :unamused:

1 Like

Find a new doctor. If your mom was diagnosed, that’s usually an immediate referral beginning at age 40.

6 Likes

If what he was saying is true about the insurance, I may not have a choice…and I actually think he may be right about it. I spoke with BCBS and the rep was doubtful I’d be covered for screening even with the family having just had cancer there.

1 Like

Sadly, insurance companies are slow to come around which is heartbreaking. Wasn’t until very recently you could get at 45. I had to wait till 50.

2 Likes

Did at 50, clear. Prep wasnt that bad.

They got me in the room and 2 nurses were prepping things up and we were yakking, wanted to let me know that this doc was a great guy, really good etx.

From behind me, is the doc…who wasn’t there when I was wheeled in…saying he appreciated the kind words. There was a second door in the room.

I make the obligatory sneaky bastard slipping in through the back door, wow thats out of character for you I bet joke…we all laughed…then I was out.

Woke up feeling pretty level headed and told Mah Sweetie I was starving and I would drive us to the nearby tamale place as we walked out…and I promptly got in the passenger rear seat and confusedly asked where the steering wheel was.

Ahhhh…propofol…the good stuff.

She drove. Tamale buffet ensued.

THEN the next morning? I woke up with the energy of 6 elephants…I mean it was The Best Sleep I had ever had. By far.

Ahhh, propofol…the good stuff.

GET CHECKED OR GET WRECKED!

I’ll even buy you tamales.

3 Likes

BCBS is the ■■■■■■■ worst. Still shocked that it wouldn’t be covered since it’d be a screening, given the family history.

1 Like

Ya Nate, that’s who I had as well…so F’in cheap. switched no problem.

3 Likes

I have the gf (when I have one) check mine regularly…

Cedric The Entertainer GIF by CBS

2 Likes

jimmy fallon special guest GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

Star Wars Force GIF

3 Likes

Believe me, the force is with me the entire time

1 Like

Had mine done in 2021, good for 10yrs.

2 Likes

Earlier this month.

2 Likes