Real men get their buttholes probed regularly

who was the sports talk show host who died at like 44? I live in Chi area, ya, bears fans f in suck, but heard about it…terrible.

So far, I’m a lucky guy. No significant problems and no cancer on either side. We have auto-immune and schizophrenia, older brother is paranoid schizo as was my mother, I have auto-immune which claimed my father at 53. He had rheumatoid arthritis, I have Addisons Disease. Luck of the draw, I’m really only suffering from chronic exhaustion. Eh, you get what you get. The lesson here is that no matter what you need to be proactive, don’t accept a single opinion about anything, always get more information. Question authority. If they balk they proved the point.

2 Likes

Will be scheduling it at my annual physical in May.

Did the poop in a box thing once. Also heard there is some good work on a blood test too. It will become routine part of labs once it clears FDA approval. Not as good as a colonoscopy, but if it helps catch ones falling through the crack (couldn’t help myself…just try to wipe that memory…) it will be good. Blood test red flag would mean definite colonoscopy needed.

Ah, the golden years. You know, the ones where you need gold to pay for all your ailments…

Or just eat this?

colon GIF

1 Like

I got my big blue box in the mail yesterday. I am trying to buy 5 years before my first date with the table.

Wait, I thought was Taco Tuesday at the Bell.

Got my referral for one last September. Entering my mid 40s and my dad died of colon cancer years ago so, yeah, I need to just rip off the band-aid and do it. Everybody close to me is imploring me to do it so it’s about time that I do.

Thanks for this thread @Nate
Men in our age group really need to be aware of this even if they are a picture of perfect health such as myself.

3 Likes

The experience itself felt kinda like a JiffyLube oil change while the prep was the unexpected unpleasant part.

I’m trying to decide the best time of day to make appointment next time I’m due

My first time
I scheduled for morning and then I had to prep from 2am on.

When it was all done
I put on my skinny jeans and fitted shirts

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m 40 and have knocked out 3 colonoscopies. I got the first one to make sure I didn’t have inflammatory bowel disease. The next two were obviously because I love spending a day on the crapper…

Nah. My family history of colorectal cancer is pretty bad, and colorectal cancers are rising fast in younger Americans. Why exactly I don’t know, but I don’t need an explanation. Just get up in there and and check it out doc!

1 Like

Wanna see mine?! Just got it done to ensure no cancer etc…. Still some lower abdominal pain but clear.

Told ten years as well

My first 2 times I prepped the night before, went to bed, then got up and went and had it done
This last time they wanted me to drink half the prep the night before then get up at 3 am to finish
Screw that, I am going back to the original way

Yes the prep sucks speaking from experience an a lot more than few scopes…I had colon cancer operation years ago.

1 Like

Never heard the new idea this is way i did many before an after operation an they never had problem

I will not go into detail but i was lucky very lucky an when i finally went had the scope the cam wouldn’t even go up an after they told me 99% colon cancer an a body scan showed a tumor.
About 6 weeks later i was in for operation great doctor They removed the tumor an stuck the intestine back together
I was in hospital about week just ice chips for like 4 or 5 days then slowly was fed he told me if it doesn’t hold would go back move A hole to like chest an let it heal then go back an put A back it held so no bag nothing…then i had to see who i call chemical doc to see if any radiation or chemo was needed
The test of tumor cam back good meat around both ends an blood tests were great so they decided no treatments
Then i went every 3 months for scope for year then twice a year this went on for 5 years last time he said no more tests an i was clean I had one 3 years ago a test an will continue getting them but i agree with early post the prep is worse than the scope so Get It Done.

6 Likes

I got my rectal probe for free, no insurance was needed. I was there for something else, and he decided it was important enough to do it on the spot.

The probe was quite large, but he used lots of lube. When I asked him about his opinion, he just said “nice and tight.” No formal report was ever issued. My wife thinks it is strange that my dentist was providing this free service. He personally paid my co-pay for the teeth cleaning and then went to smoke a cigarette out back.

2 Likes

Great advice. I’m scheduled for my second on May 9th. Non cancerous polyp removed five years ago. Mom died of colon cancer.
While it’s not my idea of a good time, it is a necessary part of life, now.

100%

Just got the pcp to send me to a colonoscopy

I’ll schedule it for probably the first week of April.

Have many appointments with various types of doctors in the next few weeks.

1 Like

That is a story man…glad you got it found and dealt with.

1 Like

Got mine at 45, not fun but really wasnt that bad. Got the all clear, not sure when they want to see me again.