Rebuild on schedule, we're fine

If you knew the power of talking to yourself in the mirror (in the right way), you’d be doing it too.

3 Likes

Tank to get high picks in the draft so you can get elite talent. Or trade one of the picks to get more picks to fix the defense and get a kicker.

1 Like

Please…dear, sweet, tiny, baby, Jesus…Please…
:pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Im Good Enough Nighty Night GIF by Saturday Night Live

And gosh darnit, I’m going for it on 4th down!!

7 Likes

Lol my god we been rebuilding sense Caldwell left. That the lames excuse there is. And you expect to not be the laughing stocks of the NFL and for a team to moving in a forward motion. We have actually got worse especially on defense Patricia defense was bad but we bring one in that makes his look good. Last year it was bad and this year it’s worse. That’s not progress and like Patricia all the time in the world can’t help this defense. Only change can.

1 Like

Hold on I thought we have been rebuilding since 1957!! haha

2 Likes

Ill be honest

That second year that patricia had where we had a good start then stafford was out the year

Ill be honest do think we would have been playing for playoffs that year if stafford was healthy

But alas, thats a what if though, and fatty matty snd quinn went into full desperation mode and blew up the cap

I kinda forgot we started that season 2-0-1. The Patricia Koolaid was flying for about 3 weeks before it all fell apart.

So every new regime is responsible for the previous 1 - 2 regimes? Talk about lame.

Lol no but there responsible for being even worse then the previous one. I mean if you can’t improve on a Patricia team you don’t have much hope. And it is lame to say we’re only this far in the rebuild when the team is regressing even further. Patricia was said to need more time and his guys. Because he was rebuilding Caldwell’s mess Lol. How many times can you use that line and on how many different regimes.?

uh oh oops GIF by Boomerang Official

My guess is that most experts would disagree with you that a rebuild is always on a constant incline. So far this year the Lions have had one complete shit game and the last seven minutes of the Minnesota Vikings game were horrific. They probably should have beat Seattle and the case could be made they should’ve beat New England. Just about every team shits the bed for a game or two. Teams with much more talent than the current roster on the Lions I might add. Whether you want to believe it or not, the Lions injuries are significant. St. Brown was no where near 100% and Swift has been out for a couple of games. Those two are by far and away our best guys on offense. Our most experienced defensive back was lost and there was an instant ripple effect in our defense and our dline is a work in progress. There is not a player in the draft this year that would’ve made our defense significantly better by this point in the season. There is absolutely no reason to blow this up until we see the complete results at the end of the year. You may hold your breath and stop your feet but it’s reality. Sheila is not going to get rid of Dan or Brad during the season.

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :pray: :fire: :pray:
Super-funny
I could deliver a 6 hour seminar on this alone. LOL

2 Likes

Nobody said this , Its a constant incline. It’s the fact that we’re so bad its laughable, and your right we were in those games and should have won a couple. The coaching mistakes and a defense that a has no answers is why we didn’t. You realize it’s hard to get worse then a Patricia defense right ? And there are plenty of so called experts that are questioning Dan Campbell and Holmes. I hate changing myself but this is a straight up cluster ■■■■ and getting worse. You sure you were not just dupped by a couple strong offensive outings, you sound the same as with Patricia.

This article seems to council patience as well. And makes some valid points

My biggest problem isn’t losing for youth, injury or lack of talent. It’s the dumb. I’ve always had a hard time tolerating dumb

And Dan has made some really dumb game day decisions that has cost us victories. Yes we will get better. Yes the defense will improve, yes our dead cap situation will improve. But can Dan get less dumb?

4 Likes

I love sucking for high picks. Then we get to spend the next 5 years of the kids career saying how we don’t want to pay him. Then if we don’t pay him we cheer not overpaying. Rinse, repeat.

2 Likes

I think the article makes some good points….
and also provided and advertising gem that made laugh.

Does anyone really fall for betting offers like these???

arnold schwarzenegger no chance GIF

1 Like

I just have to question why are you watch the games? If it’s a foregone conclusion that they’re going to suck and you’re obviously not enjoying it at all, then why watch? Except for the patriots game I’ve been thoroughly entertained. I don’t care if we win five games or eight games. The more we lose the better draft picks for next year and the better our overall talent. I’ve been at this for almost 50 years and I still have patience to burn. Odds are that Campbell and Holmes aren’t the guys. But you don’t know that they’re not just as I don’t. You have to give regimes a chance to get better and to acquire talent. We’ve tried changing out coaches every few years and GM’s every few years. What has that gotten us?

4 Likes

You forgot lamenting about the players that we knew were sure things and then didn’t draft them.

1 Like

This is why we are so bad 50 years of losing it’s still excepted and ok because we will get a better draft pick and always next year’s. Lol. This might be most SOL of all.

1 Like

Titanic was a smash hit and it was a foregone conclusion on how it would end.

titanic night GIF

2 Likes