Rebuild on schedule, we're fine

Thanks for asking. I expected them to field a team that looked like an NFL team. I expected them to field a defense THAT COULD FORCE A CAREER BACKUP QB TO FUCKING PUNT ONCE IN A GAME. I expected them to be able to scheme against a 3RD STRING QB. I love how only the Lions get the excuse of “It’s trhe worst roster ever! It’s a complete rebuild! They get 6 years to turn it around but no other franchise in history gets more than two to see an improvement” It’s weak. It’s the excuse that losers make to excuse loser results.
And please, cut the shit, with the gatekeeping dude. I don’t care if someone is optimistic or pessimistic about this team. It’s a message board ffs. Yeah the Lions have made me pretty damn miserable over the years. If they’ve brought you nothing but joy over the years, I’m very happy for you, and even jealous. I bet there are lot’s of us who if they could push a button they would follow another team but it’s an addiction, what can I say?
This is where people come to vent whether positive or negative, nobody needs you telling us to go do something else if shitty results upset us. I am hopeful (like an idiot) for this team practically every year. I predicted 8 wins and even gave them a floor of 6. This is not a 6 win team, and with this weak schedule that’s unacceptable in year 2 of a rebuild. And yup, getting pissed after yet another setback does get old. But you know what else gets old? FUCKING LOSING FOR 50 YEARS, and hearing the same old shit with every new regime.

6 Likes

I’m fine with building through the draft. My only concern is drafting players that won’t likely begin the process immediately because they’re already injured coming in the door. That loss of time is vital to players that are on 3 and 4yr contracts. Before they hit their stride…we have to consider that they may have to pay market value for a player that hasn’t scratched the surface before Free Agency. Other than that: I’m good with the overall process.

But now the question becomes: Are the coaches developing players? Are they developing physically with our training staff? Are guys that are injured getting fixed? Or are they putting band aids on these injuries?

1 Like

Dont mind him, he still has a life sized Al Avila fathead above his bed that he faps to every night🤷‍♂️

I wasn’t trying to say they are super bowl contenders but they have been able to make games competitive when last they should not have been. I mean they covered the spread a lot last season. For as void of talent as this team is, we didn’t always make it easy for our opponent

Year 1 = .250
Year 2 = .500 (especially with this schedule)
Year 3 = Competing for the playoffs and the Division
Year 4+ = Consistently in the playoffs

Demanding a Super Bowl at any point in time is silly if you ask me, but making the playoffs by year 3 of a new regime should be a non-negotiated standard.

I would say at this point that…WE ARE NOT ON SCHEDULE

7 Likes

I didn’t watch this game, does this seem right to y’all? I don’t trust PFF at all.

2 Likes

1 Like

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

4 Likes

Still no Leslie Nielsen gif? I didn’t even want to go there because it’s too easy. But that just isn’t right.

1 Like

He looks like his defense performs and that’s his smart look.

2 Likes

Here’s how I know we’re gonna be just fine…

1 Like

If all the defensive players would start taking some of the same Vitamins as Hogan, we might just turn it around brother!!!

Flexing Hulk Hogan GIF by WWE

1 Like

If these players took the same “vitamins” 80s/90s Hulk Hogan did, our entire team would be out for the year on suspension :joy:

4 Likes

Are you saying the 24" pythons weren’t all natural?

3 Likes

Oh I’m sure there are some new vitamins the drug testing hasn’t noticed yet. There always is.

2 Likes

We were without everyone for the Broncos game.

1 Like

And yet still kept it closer than the Pats game yesterday. That game was 14-10 at one point last year at least.

1 Like

Not natural.

He had to lift weights a lot

Half of this roster sucks on this team but will be solid contributors on other teams.

Hmmm…why is that?

1 Like

Is that Dan talking to himself in the mirror every morning?

I seriously could see him doing that.

1 Like