Recipes

Been watching Suits on Amazon Prime. Kind of cheesy but the type of show where I don’t care if I fall asleep and miss three episodes

Here’s my question. The lyrics to the the intro song include “I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind”

I looked it up. It’s a thing. Anyone if you ever have bean pie or make bean pie?

2 Likes

I have never had one but I’m intrigued!

1 Like

Any chance you can make it a magical bean pie!?

jim carrey soup GIF

1 Like

So I’ve fallen down a rabbit hole lately of watching this guy called chefreactions on Twitter and tik tok. He’s pretty funny and worth a watch, watches some amazing stuff and some amazingly bad stuff. I just downloaded TikTok but don’t have an account, basically just to watch this and music stuff

1 Like

This is some Sunday morning football food

So I made a bean pie. It’s actually really good. Kind of like pumpkin pie but I like it better actually. Reminds me more of anko desserts in Japan with the the sweetened aszuki filling

I followed that recipe above but added a touch of graham masala

4 Likes

I’ve had bean pie down south. Its popular there, but maybe a different recipe.

2 Likes

So I started having a craving for something weird a few days ago.
Freshly squeezed orange juice with ice blended into it…then mixed with sprite.

filled kitchen ninja 40% of the way up with ice
poured freshly juiced oranges in until it reached the “ice line”… blended it
…poured sprite in up to about 80% full

It gets frothy like an ice cream float consistency.
I put as much pulp in as I could. Everything that wasn’t pulverized into juice got put right in the ninja

Fantastically simple & a great treat.

1 Like

I was accused of throwing a blender down the basement stairs at the bar I bartended at mostly because I did. Too busy to be making anything I couldn’t just pour out of a bottle. Since then I won’t even touch a blender.

1 Like

For juicing, I have glass mason jars with plastic caps, so I when I juice, I make enough for 3 days.

Takes some getting used to but this recipe is pretty good!!

You have Jack Fox in your kitchen!?

1 Like

Kitchen Jedi

1 Like

Looking for a good recipe for boneless/skinless chicken thighs. Whaddya guys got?

You can dial the fish sauce down to 1 tablespoon.
This dish is only good with real Thai Basil and real Thai sauces. If you don’t have access where you’re at, forget it.

“Seasoning Sauce” https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Mountain-Seasoning-Sauce-Ounce/dp/B002TRBNOO

“Soy Sauce” is really “Thin Soy Sauce” Amazon.com

“Oyster Sauce” https://www.amazon.com/Maekrua-Oyster-Sauce-600-millilitres/dp/B000YDFR60

“Black Soy” https://www.amazon.com/Kwong-Hung-Seng-Black-Sauce/dp/B081ZC8STN (this same bottle has I think 3 different lid colors. you want/need brown lid)

1 Like

Yeah, one grocery store and it’s pretty good but outside of Mexican very little on the ethnic choices. Bought baby back ribs for $2.49lb, boneless/skinless chicken breasts for $1.49lb, 80% burger under $3 lb, cage free egg’s $2.99 a dozen…most things are reasonable. I go to Aldi’s once every couple of weeks to cover most of the rest of the bases. There’s an Asian grocery store I like in Cedar Rapids as well but rarely go unless I need something specific.

Well, if you want help putting together a shopping list for your next visit to Cedar Rapids, let me know. :slight_smile:

You’ll be going home with 6 different soy sauces, fish sauce, tamirind, curry paste and coconut milk. LOL

1 Like

Karaage!

1 Like

No peanut oil, not sure if my local store has it, I haven’t bought any since I had a turkey fryer. The rest is no problem, thinking I could pan fry briefly and finish in the air fryer. Yes or No?

1 Like

I think that would also work just fine :blush: