Recipes

My mom used to make city chicken all the time, let me see if she has a recipe for it…

1 Like

It’s cinnamon and sugar and softly spoken lies

1 Like

You never know just how you look through other people’s eyes.

Oh my goodness you rock. Butthole Surfers!!!

1 Like

How my mom used to make city chicken… here is what she said:

what I did was buy the meat already on the skewer. Hiller’s used to have them pre-made. I would beat a couple of eggs with a little bit of water. Then, I would get bread crumbs (with Italian seasoning) and mix it with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip the meat in the egg mixture then coat with the bread crumbs. And bake. I know some recipes call for braising them in chicken broth but I never did that. Look online for recipes too. There are many variations.

Bake at 350 for about an hour in a baking dish coated with some melted butter or spray with PAM so they don’t stick. I would pour some water around the meat and then cover with foil. Uncover the last ten minutes or so. Don’t douse them with water, just a little bit around.

My mom’s unofficial recipe. But who needs a recipe? Just eye ball it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks man!!! It’s on the superbowl menu

1 Like

Let me know how it turns out!

Don’t forget to add Pepper

1 Like

Dried beef from Waalkes’, Colby cheese, sliced there and summer sausage was U of M game watching food on Saturdays growing up…sometimes a $3 Bun Basket sub too…

3 Likes

holy shit the Bun Basket. That digs up some memories

1 Like

eric cartman chair GIF by South Park

2 Likes