Recipes

I will never own a non-Kamado grill ever again. They’re simply the best, IMO.

Don’t feel like you have to pay the big bucks for a Big Green Egg, either. I think the engineered insulated steel ones are every bit as good as the heavy ceramic ones.

The same grill can smoke a brisket at 250 for eight hours and cook NY strips at 675. It’s my favorite cooking thing that I own.

3 Likes

It’s this recipe here she follows. Salud!

4 Likes

Oh man this sounds awesome… thank you! Baking and pastries are not my bag but I might just try this out to get started!

1 Like

Of course! baking isn’t really my bag either. I wing it far too much. The wife though follows recipes meticulously. I’ll read through them a couple times then just have a go. ‘One TBS, two TBS, ahhh close enough’

2 Likes

Keep trying on the add on for the aebleskivers, I’m too lazy.

Have you tried making Swedish pancakes, very good with fruit fillings. Like a crepe.
" Visually it can be difficult to tell the difference, but once you take a bite it’s very apparent. Crepes are more dense and chewy due to more flour, fewer eggs, and no butter. Swedish pancakes are lighter and fluffier by using less flour, more eggs, and butter ."

Not yet but they sounds delicious. I now know what I’m going to be googling for the next half hour :joy:

1 Like

This is the closest one, we roll them up just like the picture. The batter appears almost too runny, it isn’t, trust me.

2 Likes

they almost look like French omelettes there! Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to. I’ll try and make these next time I’m off keto

1 Like

I quit drinking every January for the month. This year I quit the day after Xmas, doing the 8 hour diet as well. Down 9 pounds since the 26th. Should be getting more exercise, I’m going to start walking in the early evening now too.

3 Likes

Hahaha, I do the same thing. I’ll follow recipes but use them more as a guideline, especially because I’ll usually end up making a little bit more than the recipe calls for so we have leftovers… double up on pepper, extra couple dashes of salt, an extra chicken breast… whatever you can’t really screw it up.

I feel like baking if you do that you ruin it!

Anyway, I’m getting my weight loss/exercise plan together, gonna start with this tonight… pretty hard to screw this up! I’ll swap out the pistachios (I forgot to get them) for cherry tomatoes

1 Like

@DetroitStrong - This thread needs far more Apple recipes.

apple2

Lol… you know the only thing I’m gonna say about apples (and my wife loves them so I get it…) but you always have to do something to them. Peanut butter, sugar, something. Yes you can eat them raw… but oranges? You just eat it and it’s delish! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ok I’ll stop picking on apples…

Lol shout out to @Cynodon for that awesome gif

2 Likes

that looks great! send pics!

1 Like

Peanut Butter Apples!!

dumb and dumber GIF

2 Likes

My wife will kill two those a day, it’s all she eats some days…

2 Likes

Have you ever tried peanut butter on oragnes!? Once again, didn’t think so!

As my grandpa used to say about any food… “do you like this, do you like that? Well then you’ll like them together!”

2 Likes

Smart fella he was!!

Hahahaha exactly!!! Those Italians know what they are talking about! He was Maltese, but, I mean that’s still Mediterranean, close enough.

I might just try throwing some peanut butter on an orange just for you! (No I won’t that sounds terrible :crazy_face:)

2 Likes