Report: Lions to hire Panthers’ scout Mike Martin to ‘elevated role’ in Detroit

2 Likes

Always committed to improving - I know nothing about this dude, or how this particular hire will work out, but the effort and commitment of the front offices is why I think the staff in general will work out.
In terms of hearing stories about FOs “tirelessly working”…been there/done that.

This truly feels different.

8 Likes

Looks like a pro move. Not one of ‘his guys’ but someone respected in the league.

3 Likes

Well this sounds like a good hire.

Crushed it with the Texans bringing in Bouye and Foster, and apparently led the charge to draft Duane Brown too. Those are some impressive bona fides.

These links were posted in the POD comment section

2 Likes

Man it sure seems different!! Maybe I’m drinking to much Kool Aid.

3 Likes

Given the Lions first two picks sat out 2020, odds are high Holmes relied on his own scouting he did in 2019 with the LAR with this draft class. Nobody would allow scouts to leave pre-draft, so he likely builds his college scouting staff only now.

5 Likes

Carolina has taken quite a few of the prospects I’ve zoned in on the last several years, so I’m thrilled.

1 Like

That’s a real good Q&A with Martin. I enjoy those reads more than articles.

It will be interesting to see what his role is. Seems some guys will be exiting soon.

1 Like

I mean if you wanna draft guys like Jeremy Chinn I guess its an okay move.

National Football League Reaction GIF by Carolina Panthers

2 Likes

Attracting competant well respected individuals was never a strong suit of our Lions. The fact this keeps happening under the current leadership umbrella bodes well the future of this franchise. Martin is a scout, so he had plenty of time and ability to sort out whats happening in Detroit…and here he comes to join the team.

2 Likes

Its another reason why winning some time in the first 2 seasons is important. You can only blow sunshine and rainbows up people’s butts for so long. At some point it needs to lead to wins.

3 Likes

Yep. Jim Harbaugh agrees.

2 Likes

“THIS IS THE GREATEST POST I HAVE EVER SEEN! WHO POSTS BETTER THAN US? NOOOOOOOBODY!!!” - Love, Jimmy H.

GIF by Michigan Athletics

Winning is the greatest attractor of all

Hmmmm, I think the corn hole game come in at a strong second!’

1 Like

Beatuiful stuff! Loving it all. Excited about the culture change. Truthfully, I can’t wait to see what we do to fill out the roster next offseason, when we have all the picks and the $$$ to move more things around.

2 Likes

I think people around the NFL have taken notice of what the Lions are doing culture wise, and seeking to work in Detroit instead of just seeing it as a paycheck, and a graveyard. I think football people want to work with football people, and the Lions now have it in spades. So, you are seeing a lot of people wanting to work in that kind of environment, and thus, we are seeing people we aren’t used to seeing be brought on board.

4 Likes

Not that I’m not behind what we have done so far, but this staff needs to hire more bald people. If they don’t I’m gonna start a lawsuit for discriminating against handsome people. Total bullshit!

2 Likes