Report: Lions were ready to trade up for Darius Robinson

1 Like

Conjecture!

Tbh - who cares …. It’s done

And no disrespect to the OP… I’m not trying to be mean…. It’s done so why did this guy write it up to begin with

1 Like

There was alot of discussion about this, some here swore he wasn’t a 1st pic had him graded in the late 2nd and 3rd and he wasn’t a fit for us. The guy was who they were moving up for until Arnold fell to them. Sure it’s over and we ended up with a better player. But it doesn’t change the fact that alot people here was wrong about this guy, and the Lions liked him enough to move up to get him. The people saying it doesn’t matter are probably some that said he was a 3rd RD pic and do want to forget it. Lol

2 Likes

Bc some may think it’s fun… Gives you just a little bit more insight into the Lions thinking and what they were potentially willing to do.

6 Likes

I did think he would be our pick at 29. I did not expect we would have to trade up to get him. I also didn’t see Arnold falling into our reach. It’s very difficult to predict where guys will go but I’m finding it easier to see what players the Lions will like. I think Darius got a little over hyped after the senior bowl practices and then got downgraded too far after he ran a 4.95. He is not the great edge rusher everyone wanted but he is very stout at setting the edge and offers more pass rush inside than Paschal or Commish on pass downs.

1 Like

His tape of his 1 season at edge did get better every game and again at the senior bowl. His tape at dt in 2022 might have gotten him a 6th round grade. His upside looks to be as an edge who occasionally plays inside. But he does look way better on the outside.

1 Like

Nice take but still “nah” imho

But it’s just twisted old me ….

So you can’t teach a Old Dog or a DeadDog new tricks.
Dog Tricks GIF

2 Likes

At my age those new tricks are just old tricks the newbies don’t know about! :joy:

1 Like

jb.gif

1 Like

I was not super high on Darius Robinson tell later in the process. His National/Bletso spring grade was a 3rd round pick. So he had an amazing season and pre draft process to make him a 1st rd selection. But to me he is a pascal 2.0. You would have been giving up on Pascal if you traded up to get him. They might be giving up on him but I think he get one more year.

2 Likes

I did that in 74 on my Honda 350cb!!

2 Likes

@Tcmouse :point_down:

IMG_3735

We made the right choice.

1 Like

@CuriousHusker

Confused Dogs GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

@Tcmouse thats a nice looking dog…

2 Likes

Yes he is

Thought you had just spiked the football so you get a White Shoes Johnson.