Reset the Clock--Dan Campbell's best coaching job--vs Giants

Save it , you totally missed my point also welcome to the jungle. It’s just always different for you. Because you think you the god of happiness.

My point was don’t get to high yet , we still haven’t got past the 5 wins that Patricia got us. And you all have thought and said this before. even with Patricia.

Go shave your head

1 Like

Difference is you knew Patricia wasn’t gonna get any better and in all likelihood neither was Quinn. Alienated players to the point they traded the better ones and rarely saw growth in their coaching acumen while in Detroit.

Yes, I know it is too early for final conclusion, but we have seen growth in players and staff that exceed what we saw with previous staff. Early returns on Holmes also promising and exceeds what we saw with Quinn.

So sure, you are right, but it is a pretty narrow way of looking at the overall situation, bigger picture, with this group now and the previous group. But you do you.

3 Likes

I never like giving a team more chances. I liked that he declined both of these penalties.

4 Likes

There’s still six games to go. If the Lions win half, they finish 7-10.

4 Likes

I said preseason floor was 7 wins, with potential to get to 10 due to schedule. Well floor is still achievable ceiling not so much, schedule definitely tougher than I thought it would be.

2 Likes

Try some today!!!

1 Like

lol that was hillarious.

debate GIF by South Park

3 Likes

I’ve been drinking alittle. I’m just not one to fall down drunk.
Thanksgiving Fall Down GIF

2 Likes

Yea the problem with giving them more chances is even if it’s 3rd and 47, an illegal contact or holding call in the secondary is an automatic first down. That shit always concerns me when we give them extra downs. I also don’t think a 5 yard penalty should be an automatic first down, that is some bullshit when it’s 3rd and forever for example.

2 Likes

I completely understand Mouse! We have all been through hell cheering for this team, I’m kinda expecting the Bills to beat us by 30 tomorrow! But it sure was nice to win 3 games in a row. I’m at least going to enjoy that, we only win 3 games in a row once every decade or so. haha

Before the season I predicted 7-10, and I think we got a shot at it now. That’s at least improvement. Next year is going to be the big one! Playoffs or bust!

3 Likes

Come on most here said he just needed his guys, people only knew he wasn’t gonna get better after he got fired, in the middle of his second year he couldn’t do much wrong at that time.

Once again I think Campbell is coaching better, and him and his guys out coached Deboll and his staff witch is saying something. Because they were getting a lot of praise.
But we seen this before, even last year at the end we looked to be a better team then with a good offeseason we started out 1-6 now we got a 3 game win streak. So things swing pretty fast sometimes. Me I like the improvement by Campbell and maybe even the his future but we are still just a 4 win team so far, lol alot of football to be played. Witch I recognized that we went from 1-6 to 4-6 witch is going in the right direction. But still a lot of football left.

I agree I think they win a few more and 7 wins is a good guess I think, but I’ve thought that before too. A lot of football left. And I’m really interested to see how we start off next year if we do finish strong.

2 Likes

We gotta nail those top 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds next year. The young core of players is starting to come together with guys like Okudah, St. Brown, Jamo, Hutch, Sewell, Kerby, Rodrigo, Alim… that is a good sign IMO. Now still some huge questions marks on guys like Iffy, Levi and Paschal. But Holmes has really added some studs in the past 2 seasons, and they should continue to improve because they are so young.

Crushing the draft picks is how we turn this team around!

3 Likes

Paschal appears to be a difference maker on D. Just needs to stay healthy.

I have no such hopes for Levi O.

5 Likes

This is all ture too,
But if you remember last year a bunch of young guys step up Jerry Jacobs, Armani it’s was next guy up , then the next year alot of players seemed to regress. Maybe that was changing the scham. But still some questions in my book. I need to see more before I ride the happy train.

2 Likes

Good point!! Jacobs is really coming on recently since he got healthy. AO has just been horrible, not sure what happened to him, just lost his mojo I guess.

1 Like

Is Dan Campbell driving good players away?..apples to apples, right?

This is a strange argument, first when Patricia actually did this most on here agreed with it they were malcants that were undermining the coach.

not sure how that changes that Patricia won 5 games with that roster and even without the players he ran off. And we have yet to win 5.

After Thanksgiving maybe we will be tied with that that coach that ran off all his players.

I find it strange that anyone would attempt to defend Matt Patricia. Arguably, he was a worse coach than either Mornhinweg or Marinelli because he had far more talented teams who barely performed better

2 Likes

Who’s defending Patricia I never like the guy , and got bashed by most poster here pointing it out day one . That’s the thing as bad as he was and as bad as that team was they won 5 games and we’re rejoicing once again over 4 wins. Maybe we should get to 5 before we anoite Campbell a success. Patricia was a sure success too in his 2nd year by a lot of the same people that think 4 wins means we have arrived.