Roadmap to top five pick

They knew the risks of challenging the early-entry rule. I don’t think either wanted to play, they both seemed lazy and dumb and just wanted to get paid.

Correct?

1 Like

The point is, you don’t take a guy who sat out a year in the top 10, especially an effing off the ball LBer

In retrospect, it may well be the case that they were attempting to capitalize on one highlight year. People may consider that players opting out are doing the same. Is that fair? No. Will that question/comparison be raised? Probably.

I also don’t think any analyst would agree that Parsons is just an off the ball LB. He’s not only solid in coverage, but is stout against the run, doesn’t miss tackles and explosive at rushing the passer

Regardless of what defensive scheme the new coaches bring in, this kid will bring it

“… Parsons is an oversized bullet as a pass rusher, and his film is littered with pressure creation when deployed off the edge or simply as a blitzer through one of the inside gaps…”

“…Parsons is an absolute rock as a run defender, and his size helps him among the trees between the tackles. He leans into blockers and separates from them with ease, and his hands are heavy when he needs to use them. His dynamic lower half and long arms provide him a gigantic tackling radius, plus he rarely misses tackles…”

Like I said, I don’t see a team that has a more glaring need for this kids talent than the Lions. I think others will be judging him on a BPA basis against their own needs.

So what position does Parsons project at? I watched some highlight tape and 90% of it is him rushing the passer. How is he in coverage?..and playing as a LB in space?

He did prove to be lazy. Beyond that it’s conjecture.

I think they both did, Claurette and BMW.

I don’t follow Penn State all that closely, so I’m just reading the scouting reports

I would not be upset if we draft the kid around 6-10

https://www.roarlionsroar.com/penn-state-football/2020/04/6961/micah-parsons-isaiah-simmons-nfl-mock-draft-2021-linebacker-top-ten-cardinals

There’s a strong “Jarrad Davis alert” with Parsons. And he, despite being relatively inexperienced, chose not to put out any new tape to evaluate.

I’d let somebody else in the top 10 take that gamble.

Man I don’t know. Davis was always a little undersized for MLB and can’t wrap up a tackle. Parsons is a monster who doesn’t miss tackles…

I’d love to see someone like Parsons at MLB and just use Davis in more of a joker role to just to pressure the QB

Not even close.

Parsons is everything Simmons from last year was not at LBer. He’s the type of LBer that can give your defense an identity. If you liked Simmons last year than you should love Parsons.

I do believe Parsons would have benefited from another year of college ball and he has some areas of his game that he needs to clean up but he’s an incredibly gifted kid.

Davis had range and upside but he was no where near the talent Parson is. Davis was always more of a situational LBer where Parsons has true 3 down capabilities.

1 Like

We hear this stuff every year with new prospects…

Here’s a question -

assuming we go QB and LB with the first two picks…
would people prefer:

LB Parsons & QB Ridder
or
QB Lance & LB Moses

Assuming the QB sits a year behind Stafford

I doubt that Davis will be back next year.

I think you’re right. Some team like Seattle will pick him up and watch him become an elite pass rushing LB

I think that given our 2nd round history, there’s no way you can go Batfan in the 2nd. The rate of failure is way too high. You go BPA and figure it out from there.

If we’re drafting a QB that means Stafford was traded for a high draft pick. It would make no sense otherwise.

If we’re drafting a QB and have the chance to get Lance or Wilson then you do so with your first pick.

I think we move on and the new HC will be over hauling our LBer Corp.

1 Like

Totally disagree. I don’t think the Lions should take a 19 million cap hit of trading Stafford this offseason. But the Lions should plan now for the heir apparent. A year as a backup could pay dividends on a young QB