Rodrigo! (the linebacker formerly known as doomslayer)

Well, throwing it high over the middle of the field is risky, most quick slants aren’t thrown high. If he’s in position, he should be OK. I guess we’ll see.
I hope Barnes, Davis and others play alot tonite. We need another LB or two to step up.

1 Like

Wow, had no idea he was that explosive, dunking a basketball easy at 5’11.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see who sits and watches, vs who plays today. It could be very telling because most of the starters aren’t playing for either team.

1 Like

Right. I wouldn’t be surprised if Malcolm gets only one series. Or even none at all. Same with Hutch.

2 Likes

Remember when I said long ago that DC was going to be the anti-BB coaching style wise ….

BB got Brady in the sixth; we got a soon to be HOF LB….! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ray Lewis was only 1.5 inches taller…. though Ray had long arms (34 inches).

I also think the goal is to get a safety on the TEs… and LBs on the RB. It may not always work out that way… but probably most of the time.

2 Likes

Doomslayer or Kingslayer? I love me some BMTH and with “Babymetal” just crazy and seems like a good football tune…

The beauty is he went against Indy’s giant TE Jelani Woods for four years in practice (he graduated from OSU then spent his final year as a grad transfer at Virginia). He’s used to battling against giants.

2 Likes

…but Rodrigo is more handsome

Big Brother Pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

1 Like

They never threw the ball to Woods though, so I doubt he got used to very much vs Woods. 31 receptions in 33 games before he got 44 in one season at Virginia.

He absolutely reminds me of Bob Sanders who was 5’8.3" and had 30.75" arms. Sanders had a 41.5" vertical and ran a 4.4 forty, so more speed but I think instincts are great and that arm size, like with Sanders, isn’t going to be a deal breaker.

In four years of practice I’m sure they went up against each other plenty, especially in the one-on-one drills. You’re right they didn’t throw it to him in games (he actually arrived in Stillwater as a QB recruit before they converted him to TE), but at the very least Rodriguez would have covered him plenty. He regularly covered tight ends. Had a great game against Notre Dame TE Michael Mayer in the bowl game, and most people have him as the #1 TE in the 2023 draft.

I see the Sanders comp, they have the same strengths… leadership, toughness, instincts, explosiveness. Kind of quieter dudes overall. Hopefully Rodriguez is able to hold up a little better.

1 Like

Rodrigo is much more handsome though…I also feel he will eventually shave the cranium…so there’s that!

So much hair discrimination… i think coach Dan wins his first championship AFTER he decides to grow his hair back out.

LOL. I see a cranial shaving as more likely.

Don’t be jealous bro. LHE would suit you! (Long Hair Energy). In combination with BDE it is unstoppable!

I am too hot all the time, man. I’d be a sweaty, stinky mess.

At least that is where my warrior energy is derived from…

I am a sweaty stinky mess… but my pheromones are on point!

I do tie my hair up when working hard or dancing hard with the ladies…

2 Likes

LOL - My pheromones are so strong that chicks are getting horny in the next county over, every time the wind changes direction.

HAHAHAH! My job requires I don’t get hard while I do it! LOL.

1 Like

That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff

1 Like