Rodrigo! (the linebacker formerly known as doomslayer)

How many people have a 40" vertical and do 36 reps in the bench press/? Its gotta be a very short list.

3 Likes

Made some plays in his first NFL game as a 6th round rookie. Great to see. There wasn’t many bright spots on defense so props to the kid.

Our highest graded defender according to PFF:

1 Like

PFF’s top 5 rookies so far: Kader Kohou, Treylon Burks, Drake London, Garrett Wilson, Malcolm Rodriguez

1. Kader Kohou (87.3) - Miami Dolphins (Undrafted)

2. Treylon Burks (80.9) - Tennessee Titans (18th overall)

3. Drake London (80.0) - Atlanta Falcons (8th overall)

4. Garrett Wilson (77.8) - New York Jets (10th overall)

5. Malcolm Rodriguez (76.7) - Lions (188th overall)

1 Like

Nice work, Brad!
Totally trust our bald guy!!

2 Likes

Who is that??

1 Like

UDFA from Texas A&M-Commerce. Slot CB

1 Like

1 Like

It’s funny that many of the draft guru’s downgraded his coverage potential because of arms that are like an inch from being average… and while I can understand women making a fuss about an inch…
I think the arm thing is overrated.

Most of the time in the NFL… it is more important to be in position or close rapidly to get the tackle before allowing much YAC.

Rodrigo has been in the right position oftrn…. and his burst to the ball is elite. If he was asked to carry a TE down the seam… I might be concerned… but that isn’t what our defense asks LBs to do often…. if ever.

2 Likes

nice… so he’s either first or second rookie on D. I have to look up to see where keyhole! plays!
I’m telling you, he’s going to be up there for DROY!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.