Roster battles of interest

What camp battle interests you most? which position group will we see guys we cut playing for other teams on Sundays this fall? As we start getting the articles from minicamp i am wondering where we think we will see the most progress and who will be shown the door.

Cephus vs Benson
Levi O vs Brockers
Rodriguez vs Davis vs Dion Hamilton
Harris vs Hughes vs Lucas
Blough vs Boyle
Etc

What battle interests you and who do we cut that we will regret moving on from this season?

1 Like

Detroit vs EVERYBODY!
Goff vs Himself
Depth chart at RB is interesting.
Williams vs his old injury is an interesting battle to keep an eye on.
Entire DL
Entire Defensive backfield is interesting too. TONS of x-factors all over the place.

4 Likes

Good to see that there is SOOOO much more depth this season than last.

I want to see what Benson can do. Want to see if Rodriquez can crack the 2 deep.

4 Likes

Another thing I always get hyped about is a great return man. Every offseason, I give erngy to that. I’m always hoping for it and always curious about it. I want a badass KR/PR.

4 Likes

Cephus / Benson is the one I’m most interested in. Pray they make the right choice.

Cephus

5 Likes

Can they protect benson on the PS but not Cephus because of his seniority? If so, that could make the decision for them to keep Cephus on the active roster and PS benson

3 Likes

Man I loooooved Eddie Drummond

Highpoint of some pretty dismal teams

4 Likes

Cephus would get rostered by someone I think

7 Likes

Sounds like with Blough “being fire”, Boyle is history. We need his roster spot for a receiver.
Raymond should be safe, unless Cephus or Benson prove capable of returns. Dan has already mentioned Benson as a “gunner”, though?
I can’t see us keeping 7 receivers.
In most of the other battle’s, if it’s close, I think they have to bring age into the picture. That would mean a guy like Brockers, who is a great locker room guy, would be the odd man out.
I think Rodriguez sticks.
Davis is on a prove it deal. That’s what he has to do.
The top 5 CB’s are pretty safe, I would think. Okuda is the only real question mark.
The top 4 Safeties seem pretty safe. It’s up to everyone else to try to bump one of them.
We’re going to let at least one good RB go. Igwebuike, Jefferson, or Bell? Can’t begin to guess.
Dan, Brad, and the coaches have some real tuff decisions coming. I think there will be a few shocking cuts to get us down to 53, for sure.

7 Likes

I would love for blough over boyle but if you dont trust the guy to come in regardless you may as well just put st brown back there. The call from Natty about Goff vs himself i do believe will be the biggest potential driver of success this year but wr and rb are the battles i find most interesting right now.

1 Like

On D, my biggest question is, “what the hell is going on with Pascal?”
I get that he’s injured, but, why hasn’t he signed?

2 Likes

I still wonder why DC didn’t use Blough in that rain filled Steelers game. His legs are the perfect weapon in a tough game like that where Goff is hurt. For all the ballsy moves DC made throughout the year, why not that one?

I like the idea of having a big running QB (like Willis) that you can change up the game when your passing attack fails for one reason or another. Was thinking that was what Montez was before he was cut.

1 Like

Hope that this is true.

1 Like

ST guys - Igwebweike? Raymond? Netflix? Some of these LBs? Benson or Cephus? Lots of “tweeners” for ST guys. Definitely gonna cut some decent bubble players, this year.

1 Like

K Riley Patterson vs. GOALPOST

Goalpost

2 Likes

Benson is barely good enough to be Cephus’ butler

If you’re old, that’s funny.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Up to

• 6 players can be on the practice squad without any eligibility rules
  • 4 no more than 2 accrued season
  • 6 with no accrued season or 1 accrued season in which they were on active roster for 9 or less games.

Something like that.

Yeah that looks right. Benson less than 2 and cephus at least 3.

Probably doesn’t matter though as teams can claim off waivers so you have to release someone you don’t think other teams will pickup. Someone like Tom Kennedy is a guy you can count on being available for your PS. Benson or Cephus likely won’t make it through waivers. So the strategy may be to keep both and put jamo on PUP.

2 Likes

Jermar Jefferson v Craig Reynolds v Igwebuike

Everyone at LB

Everyone at CB

3 Likes