Roster battles of interest

Benson has one accrued season, Cephus has two. Must be on active/inactive/PUP/IR for six games in a season to earn an accrued season.

Also, does D Barnes make the final roster?

1 Like

Amani, AJ, Jacobs, Iffy, and Hughes sre pretty much safe. If Okuda comes back healthy and tearing it up, Hughes might be in trouble.
Walker, Jacobs, and Harris (who is multiple) are probably pretty much a sure thing, too.
Barnes and Rodriguez are probably safe, unless they just absolutely suck.

1 Like

Isn’t it likely Jamo starts the year on the PUP? Therefore, I’d think those WR’s are safe for a few weeks… and one we will get injured. So I think there’s spots for all of them.

3 Likes

Duly noted.

1 Like

Btw, Campbell said that Pascal has a minor injury and hasn’t been here yet. That’s the only reason he isn’t signed.
He’s having a minor procedure and should be good to go within 10 days after that. Plenty of time for camp.
Hutch, Pascal, and Alim are safe. .

Whether Jamo starts the year of PUP will be an interesting call for HolmBell.

I think they’ll start the year with 7 receivers, barring a trade or injuries. That would allow Jamo to practice yet be inactive for games until after our week 6 bye.

If they put Jamo on PUP to start the year, he can’t practice with the team for 4 weeks rather than 6 in previous years.

1 Like

Minor procedure with 10 days of healing time? All I’ve heard were murky reports of a lower extremity injury.

1 Like

Pascal was at rookie minicamp with the other rookies, all the other rookies signed their contract on 05/13, the day rookie minicamp started.

Pascal hasn’t signed yet, it has to do with guaranteed money and likely the timing of the salary, but it isn’t a big deal. It’ll get done.

1 Like

Good point - I wasn’t taking that into consideration. Sneaky way to keep 'em from getting sniped by another team.

Hockenson & Goff

Goff v. Stafford’s ghost.

1 Like

I think so. He has a lot of intangibles and showed progress through the year… If he simply wasnt getting better I’d worry but that’s not the case.

1 Like

Just curious, since I don’t recall his name being mentioned in this thread. Pimpleton intrigues me, but does he really have a shot? From little I saw of him, me-likey.

It’s awesome that our WR room is so good that his shot is slim AF.
…even as a ST player, we have some really good dudes on ST.
Loving the direction of things.

1 Like

I’m also intrigued by Jarrad Davis.

I wonder if our coaches can make something out of him. Wouldn’t that surprise everyone? If that happened, we might start getting a lot of successful reclamation projects on the cheap.

2 Likes

Good call on Davis, that one puzzles me.

1 Like

If I got good odds, I’d throw a couple bucks on that one.

1 Like

I am almost thinking they can. His problem is 100% between the ears. Dude is a fantasist athlete…prototypical specimen-type.

1 Like

These coaches appear to just be so good at teaching and setting up competition to get the best out of all the players. The way they have everyone buying in.

I guess we’ll see if it was the coaches or the player this year. Dude has crazy good talent. And I like how none of the K is guaranteed.

1 Like