Running Bax

Though we may not see the Lions spend a pick at RB this year, who is the one guy you’d be jacked to add to this offense at RB?

For me, it’s Breece Hall. The guy set the NCAA record with a rushing touchdown in 24 straight games. He’s got patience, power, balance and vision @ 220. Then he ran a 4.39 40 with a 40-inch vertical. Tremendous.

I think he, Swift and Jamaal Williams would cement the juice behind our OLine. There were games last year where Netflix (who performed admirably) came off the couch to tote the rock. Igwabuike played too. Needed more runners.

If the Lions were somehow able to add another top RB like Hall to the rotation, I think we’d see greater ball control in the run game. I know. I know; we’ve got a lot of other needs that take precedence. But we can dream. What RB do you like?

Who’s Jackson ?

1 Like

We won’t take Breece at 2… from what people are saying, he’s highly unlikely to be there at our 2nd pick in the 1st. Hate to use the word generational, but he’s a special talent for sure.

There’s a few RB’s I’d love from this draft, but that doesn’t mean I’d be happy if they spent good capital acquiring them. Some nice depth in this draft at RB though. A few guys I’d be happy to see them pounce on later if they fell would be… Dameon Pierce, Brian Robinson Jr., Pierre Strong Jr., Ty Chandler, Jerome Ford, Zamir White, and maybe even Hassan Haskins

I was looking at mid to late round RBs like Ty Chandler and CJ Verdall.

Who’s this mysterious Johnson guy?

download (42)

Lol. Late one last night. Jamaal Williams. Correcting original.

2 Likes

Definitely like your later round guys Pierce and Robinson as well. And Jerome Ford is a bigger guy with speed.

That Kenny Walker?

1 Like

High Five Michigan Football GIF by Michigan State Athletics

2 Likes

Pierre Strong,jr
Threw 9 for 9 passes in college for 208 yards and 6 TD’s.
Over 7 ypc average in his career, including 240 for 1,673 last year and 18 TD’s.

Strong ran a 4.37 in the 40 yard dash, which was tied for the best time among all running backs this year. In addition, Strong was 6th among his position in the vertical jump at 36", and 7th in the broad jump at 10’4".

Look at his speed hitting the hole…he gone.

I like Hall, saw quite a few of his games, I’m just totally against using any day 1 or 2 picks on a RB.

1 Like

Strong is my favorite option for us too as I don’t want to draft a RB in the first 3 rounds and he’s the best of the rest, IMO. We don’t really need one at all but if the value’s right with our late round picks I’m fine with it.

I think we go UDFA for RB

Maybe, there will also be some guys who get waived that we may want to consider. The good news is that we have a decent RB room right now.

2 Likes

My preference as well. Third down is often listed as a knock but in the shrine game drills he looked great running routes.

Otherwise give me a pass catcher: White, Cook, Ealy or maybe Borghi very late

1 Like

I brought this up in another thread, but I am not on the Breece Hall hype train. The earliest I would consider him is our 2nd round pick. If he’s not there, oh well. To me he looks like Adrian Peterson ON PAPER. The film doesn’t back that kind of hype though.

Personally, I don’t get why Kenneth Walker III isn’t rated higher by many. He is a very good RB. I took him at 34 in one of my mocks recently because he’s just too good not to and that speed and ability to make something out of nothing is a skill we don’t have in the backfield. Just took him because I was going with “pick players that I love”.

2 Likes

Agree… this a great thread with many great posts!

Why is everyone against RB?

I’m not sure what games done we’re watching last year but between Netflix getting a start, Jefferson busting a long TD, and Iggy looking decent until the fumblitis, one thing is clear…

Either Holmes can find RB talent like nobody else
in the league, OR… maybe DC is a genius.

Every team in the league plays nickel, dime, 3
Safety looks, deploys smallish LBs who can cover… we drafted a monster RT, and decided our strategy was was BE THE HAMMER NOT THE NAIL!!!

Decker, Jackson, Rags, Big V, Sewell and it’s reported that Brown wants to come back and we want him back. Sign Kraemer and Nelson cheap and we have maybe the best OL in the league…

We have 1 year left with Williams and 2 with Swift, and anyone counting on 17 games from him is being blindly optimistic.

Swift had a pff grade in the the 50s and has a career high of 650 yards rushing in 2 years???

2 Likes

I mean, you kind of just asked a question and then immediately answered it.

Like him and I think he makes it to the 3rd and possibly our comp pick. I agree with most I want another back just don’t want to use one of our first 4 picks on one. I also like Haskins and he may fall to the 5th. great to close out games. fresh legs late in the game and save the wear and tear on Swift and Williams.