Ruptured my Achilles Tendon today

I love veal!

2 Likes

Sorry this happened to you Jim. Time to get out fishing!
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Does anyone know if Achille’s injuries are hereditary?

1 Like

I don’t think so, they are usually freak accidents.

2 Likes

Love our lions community, @JimLiohey heal up and do what’s best to get back to 100%!

You know we can all rally around Achilles injuries… :heart:

1 Like

edited my initial post. Figured you would appreciate my 2nd edit.

1 Like

Thanks for the support everyone! I have a lot weighing heavy on my mind tonight.
The not working part is scaring the shit out of me, I don’t have it like that to just not work for months. I am really hoping for no surgery. I will wear this stupid boot for a year if I have to. The issue is that i’m a Plumber, there really isn’t any light work involved. Plus I am not allowed to drive for 8 weeks! (I had a blast driving from the hospital with that boot on! hard to push the gas when you cant bend your foot) My messages are getting long because I am anxious. You all are my Family, love each and every one of you like real Family.

7 Likes

Funny you say that. My wife is from the Phillippines, she has only been in the US for about 15 years. I could literally ask for anything and she would do it, drives me absolutely crazy. Who the hell wakes up happy EVERY SINGLE MORNING. My Wife does. I am an extremely lucky man. She is an amazing wife and mother.

5 Likes

I thought about it after I wrote it. I guess that’s pretty big. If you saw me you’d never guess im 275. I got up to 320 during covid. Wife is a pasty chef, you know how that went.

2 Likes

Brother! Shit! Sorry, that sucks…

I tore my calf tendon, so opposite end of the same area, playing pickup basketball 8 years ago…same deal, went up for a rebound heard this giant POP! and looked behind me to see which #%%$ kicked me in the back of the leg!

Closest guy is ten feet away with this look on his face

Shocked Adam Sandler GIF by Saturday Night Live

Saying “Man, that was LOUD”.

Done Ballin That Season.

No surgery because Weasel…but I was limping for about 6 weeks pretty good. 4 more weeks it was good to walk easy, and was playing ball 6 months later.

Also, I do a lot of workers comp surveillance. Case like yours wont be flagged unless you are way past standard of care timelines or shoot your mouth off you are milking it to someone with a beef or HR…

So dont worry, take the time and checks to do the healing and rehab right.

Sorry bud. Bad timing for sure. Pain meds wont be needed for long, so have a drink on me.

1 Like

I am lucky enough to live on the water. I will be doing lots of fishing, the Walleye are chasing the perch up as we speak.

2 Likes

6’3 is tall so yeah I can believe you don’t look 275 for sure.

Hope all goes well with the recovery my man!

1 Like

I won’t have a drink, but I will certainly take a toke buddy. It’s funny my name and avatar are about a guy who is an absolute drunk but I actually quit drinking in November! I also declined the good drugs for Motrin. I don’t want to go down that road again.

3 Likes

Go easy Jim! Only 1 drink.

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

2 Likes

Dammit! Sorry to hear, brother. These old ass bodies just don’t hold up very well. Hoping and praying for a full and speedy recovery!

1 Like

I am 34. but I feel 64

2 Likes

It’s all good man, we’re goin g to put you on IR, but we’re going to have to sign a poster off the Den practice squad. We will have to make do while you heal up.

Seriously man sorry to hear it, hope your recovery goes well.

2 Likes

Once you hit 30 crap can hit without warning at any time. I didn’t figure you were too old given your young family and all…

1 Like

Bake away, Jim, bake away

Lets Go Yes GIF by ADWEEK

5 Likes

Prayers…

1 Like

The Lions must have taken you in the 2nd round.

All joking aside Jim, you’ll be in good shape if you can avoid surgery. Fully torn tendons and ligaments are harder to recover from than most bone breaks from what I’ve seen. I only have personal experience with a broken bone though. Follow what the surgery and rehab teams tell you to do religiously.

2 Likes