Ruptured my Achilles Tendon today

Way-Out Wayne, Brenda and Liam, and Lemon Frog, so far. Maybe the Truckie Road Band?
It’s always a good time.

1 Like

What is a Toad Ron?

Me. It started as an inside joke, when I quit touring with the band.
They asked what I was going to do. I told them I was going to do a solo project, “Toad Ron - In the realm of the Tangerine Toad”.:laughing:

1 Like

I used to be a big fan of Toad the Wet Sprocket, back in the day.

2 Likes

Swift recovery my friend!

2 Likes

Swift? That was uncalled for. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

2022 Detroit Lions - a team hurting so bad from injuries even the fans are going on IR.

I am glad to see you are in good spirits (relatively speaking) and want to get back to your normal grind. The only advice I would give is to follow a a daily routine that increases what you are doing slowly over time. Don’t rush it and do a huge jump in activity level. Your body is recovering and needs time to adjust.

As far as “getting fat,” its not all fat. You went from being an active dude to a couch potato overnight. And I am sure you didn’t suddenly do a drastic improvement to your eating habits to adjust. Your digestive system doesn’t work as well when you can’t move. Metabolism and actual fat aside, you probably have some bloating. Bloating makes you look and feel fatter. You also aren’t sweating as much. Sweating has tons of benefits that help the way you look and feel.

My wife bought me a home sauna, kind of like this one. https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Personal-Steamer-Foldable-Heating/dp/B0B4F598TK/ref=sr_1_30?adgrpid=1346902307955199&hvadid=84181543686907&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=85338&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-84181737438746%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=24665_13493338&keywords=home%2Bsauna&qid=1666320133&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI2LjA2IiwicXNhIjoiNi4xOSIsInFzcCI6IjUuMjEifQ%3D%3D&sr=8-30&th=1

I would never recommend something like this if we were in a different time of year. But having you immobile going into winter after having gained a bunch of weight/bloating sounds terrible. This will help.

5 Likes

It’s done wonders for your fantasy team…Den Old School Keepers.

1 Like

This is sage advice. In the mid 90’s I broke my femur in a car accident and was sedate for several weeks. then didn’t move around all that much for months. I went from being in great shape to being pretty obese

I remember I used to frequent a party store near my house for a six pack on the weekends and when I finally went in again several months later the Korean owner was eyeballing me and when I went up to pay he blurted out……”Oh my god! You got fat!”

Uhhh yea. thanks for noticing.

2 Likes

I kinda thought someone had a lot of time with all the transactions, this explains alot! LOL. Good luck, bro. You can still do upper body exercises. See how big you can make your biceps these next few weeks!

1 Like

fap GIF

Had ACL reconstruction 2 weeks ago, expected that I would have heard from Brad Holmes by now. Anyone know what’s going on? Wanna make sure I’m on their radar before I fully heal.

2 Likes

The next Korean with tact/non-self centered personality I meet will be the first one.

Sorry, not sorry.

1 Like

Did you take your tinder profile off private?

2 Likes

Season 3 Episode 302 GIF by Rick and Morty

3 Likes

What position do you play!? Can you kick?

1 Like

I lived in South Korea for 10 years… haha they will tell you exactly what they are thinking for sure.

“Oh you look tired”

“Oh you have white hair” while pointing at it.

Haha once you get used to it, it’s kinda funny but it does take some getting used to. The key is to go right back at them pointing things out.

2 Likes

DE & TE, but at 6’ 6" 270# I think I could hang. After the ACL surgery, I’d have to use my arms to swing my leg, but I can hit a golf ball a long ways so I’m sure I could hit from 40+ yds.

1 Like

Sounds good enough to me… you will be kicker number 11 under B. Holmes.

1 Like

Excellent and I think what you meant was kicker double # 1. Pretty sure that’s better than just the # 1 kicker.