Salary Cap through Vaitai renegotiation

See a doctor now.

1 Like

The cap isnt fake. It is elementary school math. Addition and subtraction.
Every dollar spent has to be accounted for eventually.
You can steel from the future yes but YOU WILL have less money later to spend. Just because you cant do 3rd grade math doesnt make it fake.

2 Likes

We haven’t resigned our 2 biggest in house targets, yet.
Forget getting Glasgow, or any FA RG.

1 Like

So fake if you can cheat one year and still learn 3rd grade math the next year. Seems like salary should be set no matter if its 3rd or 4th grade every year.

I pulled it out of my #$@ . . . It’s an educated guess, based on his contracts the prior two years, what the Lions usually do.

3 Likes

If they haven’t been cut yet, they probably won’t (maybe by Wednesday). They’ve missed out on the start of UFA and that would be extremely rude for the Lions to do to them and they all appear to be very popular with the team.

I think Romeo, Harris and Vaitai will all be back. It’s possible they may have already agreed to paycuts with ability to earn back through incentives, but I think they will all be here.

1 Like

I’m on record in agreement with this, easy thing to do is turn move of the base into a SB and we save about 8 mil just like that

Or we can always cut them on Wednesday and designate as June 1 cut so we aren’t deemed as rude.

Yup with that kind of manipulation you end up looking like a Harkkonen.

dune GIF

2 Likes

If you consider using a CC instead of paying cash saving money. They aren’t going to do that with these guys. If they do anything it’ll be an extension.

Yea, you can’t do a June 1 until Wednesday, so yes, that’s the 2nd likeliest event, behind keeping them. But if we were doing a June 1, it would have probably been leaked by now.

That’s what I thought, I looked all over details before hitting the board this am and found nothing.

Why would they extend Romeo or Big V? That makes the least sense to me.

Restructure
Leave as Is …or cut and June 1 designate
Extend

Every team carries some dead cap. We went from 35mil dead to 10mil dead to next year none.

I’m sure they’ll be fine racking up the credit card a few bucks as you put it.

They can easily create money by cutting Romeo and or Vaitai. Probably just depends on if there are free agents they can come to terms with.

Why cut them now before you have deals made?

And all desd cap is from bad business decisions where they stole the cap in the past.

Thank you for demonstrating that your math skill level is below that of a 5th grader. Merica! Woo!

Nothing better.

1 Like

The lions have reworked Tracey Walker contract to clear 5 million in cap space

4 Likes

Anyone else find it interesting that the Lions could create a fair amount of cap space by restructuring Goff’s contract and haven’t?

If you restructure Goff’s contract, you increase his 2024 cap hit, which in turn will increase his potential 2025 franchise tag amount. Goff can be done if needed, but should be the last contract that we restructure.

4 Likes

Again, thank you @DeadStroke for handling the books around here. You are a great resource for real time data or estimates

8 Likes

In some instances, I would agree, but Covid threw every team for a loop when it caused the cap to drop.