Salary Cap through Vaitai renegotiation

We played the post covid cap game masterfully… and half of this board wants to ■■■■ that up as quickly and decisively as possible.

1 Like

That’s partly because Covid hit during a year We were completely rebuilding anyway.

I want playoffs wins too but we also haven’t won a division title in 30 years. That would be a nice change.

2 Likes

We were 5-1 in the division last year. At worst we should be 4-2 this year.

1 Like

So with the restructure of tracy walkers contract, taking into consideration future money needed (draft, in season), we are essentially 1 million dollars over the cap. This should not be a surprise to any one who follows along closely. We stole a little from the future to get here and will have to steal more to sign commish and swaggy. Im cool with that but dont want to go any further.

Nice. Romeo should be next

Coming from the guy who thinks debt leveraging from future liability is stealing.

That’s elementary son… this is chess not checkers.

2 Likes

I would expect one of Charles Harris or Romeo Okwara to be released. Romeo may even take a pay cut. I expect Big V to take a pay cut. I would also expect at least one of Decker or Ragnow to restructure.

Ok borrowing from the future cap. It is still spending future money this year. Leaving less money in future years when we will have serious UFA we want to keep.

We are going to need many brinks trucks. Im thinking several moves ahead.

2 Likes

First off we already have 28 guys under contract for 2024… I assume we sign 5 more players in FA and at least 2 will be multi year deals, and that puts us at 30… Then add 8 from this draft class, and 7 from next years draft class… That’s 45…

That 23’ draft class will cost about 18MM in 2024 cap space, and the 2024 draft class (assuming we pick after #18) will be about 10MM max…

So if you add that 28MM to the 165MM that already counts dead cap and voided years… We have 195MM on the books and MAYBE - 6 or 7 spots to fill in FA against a 253MM cap figure…

Jackson getting 12-13MM won’t even nudge the cap until 2025…
Sewell getting 26MM a year won’t even hit the radar until- 2025 with a 5th year option of nearly 18M?
Amon Ra will get his 20-22M a year but again… in 2025 that number will be like 13M tops?

There is a real chance we don’t sign half these guys again because that is how the NFL works homie

Then I’m dumber than a third grader because I can’t figure this shit out.

1 Like

That’s why guys like Jonah Jackson might not be a slam dunk to resign here…especially with the way the market is at for guards now.

Another reason why I’m pounding the table for Skoronski or O’Cyrus

And why i want to extend mid round studs the season before they hit FA. If they earned the money dont make them wait (and have to pay them even more later). Jonah is on record wanting to retire a lion. I would not be shocked if he also gives us a home discount (12-13 per) if we dont make him wait. Could be closer to 20mil at market next year. Same with St Brown. If we sign him next off season i expect he would be both grateful and cheaper. Easily 25+ at market in 2 years.

1 Like

agree 1000000%

1 Like

Thanks Tracey Walker for signing today so we could get us Emmanuel Mosley to help you out back there

With the signings of Montgomery, Cominsky, Moseley and W Harris, I have us as

$13M under the cap - as it is right now (guesses on Anzalone, Harris, Moseley and Cominsky)
$4M under the cap - budgeted for draft picks
$6.5M OVER the cap - budgeting for the entire year (draft picks, PS and in-season)

Curious to see if Romeo or Vaitai had salary reductions or still potentially released

Do we have enough money for chark?

Can always create room if needed.

Personally, I don’t see it happen . . . but BH isn’t consulting me for my opinion.

2 Likes

I’m curious if anyone has seen the details of the Anzalone contract yet?
If not mistaken contract details for most of the players signed/resigned have been released pretty quick thereafter, but not this one.

We don’t have Anzalone’s, Moseley’s, or Cominsky’s yet. I’ve found everyone elses, including the recent restructure/pay cut for Walker and Harris.

1 Like