Salary Cap through Vaitai renegotiation

Agree. I feel like it was going to be Anzalone or Chark. And since we already have Jamo on the team, Chark is more of a luxury signing.

Personally I would rather have Chark, and done something other than Anzalone. But it’s pretty well documented Glenn is comfortable with AA, so I guess it is what it is.

1 Like

With all signings (guesses on Anzalone, Moseley), restructures on C Harris and Jack Fox

• $16M under the cap - as it is right now
  • $9M under the cap - budgeted for draft picks
  • $1.5M OVER the cap - budgeting for the entire year (draft picks, PS and in-season)

With all signings including Anzalone, estimates on Glascow and Moseley.

• $14.5M under the cap - as of right now
  • $7M under the cap - budgeted for draft picks
  • $3.2M OVER the cap - budgeting for entire year (draft picks, PS, 53Man and in-season).
1 Like
2 Likes

We are in good shape an so far little on dead cap Fans forget that counts an past years it was huge . I like what GM is doing

The only thing Rogers got wrong is it’s a pool outside the cap, it’s not built in the cap.

2 Likes

I’m driving. How much available?

With all the signings, estimates on Glascow, Moseley, CJ Moore and CGJ

• $11M under the cap - as of right now
  • $4M under the cap - budgeted for draft picks
  • $6.5M OVER the cap - budgeting for entire year (draft picks, PS, 53Man and in-season).

How much will we likely free up with pay cuts of romeo/big v? Decker or ragnow restructure? Looks to me that they arent mortgaging the future but they sure are being aggressive

1 Like

Depends on if/what the pay cuts are . . . but I think the Lions and Big V/Romeo have it settled, if it needed setting.

Simple restructures of Decker would save about $8.5M in 2023, Ragnow about $8M in 2023 (cap hits would move to future years).

Right now they look to be on the same budget as 2021 and 2022. They just finally freed up most of the Bob Quinn mistakes.

Cap space after Romeo restructure, guesses on Glasgow and CGJ

• $16M under the cap - as of right now
  • $8.5M under the cap - budgeted for draft picks
  • $1.5M OVER the cap - budgeting for entire year (draft picks, PS, 53Man and in-season).
1 Like

So after all that, last week was nuts…we added all them dudes and we are back to where we started with the cap.

Perfect

1 Like

Plus I think we all expect some type of adjustment to Vaitai’s contract . . . based on my perceived budget that I believe the Lions are working under, I could see one more signing in the CGJ/Montgomery/Sutton range.

I think we are all hoping to see a DT and DJ Chark

3 Likes

Are there any expected DL players being available post June 1?

I still think they sign a vet QB as well.

1 Like

Who’s left ?

I don’t think anyone holding onto a June 1 release player. Years ago, before the post June 1 designation rule, teams would hang on to players.

Looks like Arizona and Cleveland are the only two teams to use both of their June 1 designations, so it would have to be someone on that team. I wouldn’t be surprised if Philly or NO had a couple players to be designated Post June 1.

Cam Newton, Carson Wentz, Teddy Bridgewater, Chase Daniels

Trade for Matt Corral

2 Likes

Wormley and Chark.
min salary for a warm body vet QB, until we get one at 6OA.