Scarborough ain't half bad

With Bo, KeJo, TyJo, and McKissic, that ain’t a bad RB group. And I don’t know that they need Bowden, he’s injured too much.

3 Likes

Agree. Bowden doesn’t seem to be earning his roster spot. Like what Bo brings, as well as McKissick.

Starting to lose faith in wheels Johnson, though. Ty has to earn his spot. I would like to search for a big upgrade. Use Bowden’s roster spot for a true kr/pr that can add good depth at wr or dB.

1 Like

He’s definitely a keeper. Can’t find his contract deets. They may have to resign him.

2 Likes

Was he on some other team to start the season? What took Quinn so long to bring him in?

1 Like

Seattle also toyed with the idea of using Bo Scarborough as fullback. I can find articles from back in July for example discussing that but don’t know for sure if they actually followed through and used him that way. I think it would be interesting though with his size and speed in a two back settings occasionally to keep defenses off guard

1 Like

He looks like Blount in his prime. Not quite there yet, but with some more work who knows? His big issue is staying healthy. That’s the reason he was available for the Lions.

1 Like

I was excited for Ty Johnson to make the team. He has yet to show me anything of value.

2 Likes

Scarborough? Fair.

4 Likes

I’d mostly agree. Actually had a nice catch and run for a first down in this game, and that’s about as impressive of a play from him I have seen all year :disappointed:

The secret to keeping him healthy is parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme

4 Likes

Oh, and regarding Scarbrough I like him a lot. Am I the only one that thinks they should be using him a bit more?

Maybe we are trying to tank. Honestly, we needed a foot inside the 10 yard line to get a first down and potentially go up by a TD, and we gave the ball to one of our dancing RBs (JD Mc). Scarbrough gets that if we do ANY blocking.

1 Like

So far he’s done nothing well
He runs and goes down first hit

Scarbrough … hard to not like how he plays
I hope he stays healthy and finds a bone here

3 Likes

We got a few splash plays out of Ty in game one, I think. After that and looking at the all 22 of a few games, I wouldn’t expect him back.

Bo Scarborough has been much better than “ain’t half bad.”

Through three games he is averaging 84.4 YPG on 4.4 YPC. That would per game average would be 8th in the league just behind M. Mack and just ahead of Ezekiel Elliott. Bo’s per game production would equate to 1350 yards rushing over a 16 game season.

The teams he has faced are 7th, 15th and 28th against the run so he has more or less faced league average competition

The next two opponents are 6th and 2nd in rush defense so we should have an idea soon as to just how legitimate this level of production is.

2 Likes

They are definitely underutilizing him. In specific he needs to be in red zone packages even if just as a decoy and they need to scheme him into the short passing game. He caught the ball fairly well in college.

2 Likes

I didn’t see anyone else answer this, he wasn’t on the team to start the year. I believe BQ signed him to the PS 3 weeks ago and put him in the lineup vs the boys. I might be off by a week…

Maybe I’m wrong but I would have preferred him on that 3-1 then mckissic. He continually fell forward and gained at least a yard. That being said it was a good move all around w Fuller making the tackle. But it was classic lion football…tripped up inches shy from a td.

richard harris must be turning in his grave with this quote --LOL

Innnnnteresting!

Our running game is, and has been terrible for a long time. Most of these guys we have dont belong in the NFL. Trust me, when we have a legit NFL RB, you will know. Now isn’t the case and that’s with KJ