Scary when your GM admits to not believing in Cousins

The one we used to go to had strong drinks and free popcorn, loved that shit when you’re half in the bag.

3 Likes

Free popcorn one of the oldest tricks in the book. Make them drink alittle more. Free shell peanuts works too, but too messy.

3 Likes

Yep…but nobody cared, it was soo damn good. LOL

4 Likes

I have the exact same feeling about him. He’s all silk and sheen - all show. I’ve met many just like him. 90% think he’s their best friend. But deep down, he’s a control freak who think he’s smahta than everyone else.

Yet, I am a big fan of him staying in Minnesota for a loooong time. He’s going to take them down, little doubt in my mind.

4 Likes

“Wood and GM should never be in the same sentence.”

We agree. The context that you are missing is that the people that you see mentioning Rod Wood are most aligned with you. Making Rod Wood the GM would be idiotic, regardless of his other credentials. He is not the GM and he should never be the GM.

1 Like

Does anyone feel like Rod Wood is a football guy?
I dont think he was…but now?

2 Likes

I’m glad that Minnesota took a shot on an analytics guy. If we wouldn’t have had Spielman in the GM search, I’m afraid with Wood and the Fords, we might have ended up with one.

4 Likes

I’m eternally thankful that Chris Spielman is who he is. It takes tremendous strength of character to turn down a GM job. I know if Rod Wood had offered me that job, I’d have told him to draw up the contract and let’s get to work.

I thought Brad was an analytics guy?!?!

Lol after I signed the contract I would be like “l’ve played a lot of Madden franchise mode. Trust me I know what I’m doing” as I leave the room.

3 Likes

Sure he likes analytics, but he played football and scouted for almost 20 years.

Kwesi didn’t do scouting, didn’t play football. He traded commodities on Wall Street and analyzed data for 49ers and Browns.

4 Likes

He stomped out his home FF league though…that’s like virtual reality training, yo.

2 Likes

Fwiw,

1 Like

Noooo?? I don’t see him as a football guy. I see him as a leadership and marketing guy.

1 Like

This is close to how Kwesi see’s himself. But he wouldn’t have said marketing, he would have said “consensus builder” or something similar.

2 Likes

Point Finger Up GIF by Neurads

1 Like

Or maybe “efficiently operationalize the strategy” along with leveraging their core competencies.

Heard too many of these buzz words in the management world and that’s why I love this song.

1 Like

haha, that’s great. the only thing they are missing is that they didn’t change the narrative.

1 Like

the two biggest differences between Brad and Quesi are
(a) Brad knows football, Quesi thinks he knows football and,
(b) Brad listens, Quesi tells everyone he’s a good listener.

6 Likes

So true… and so so true in not just football but everywhere…

3 Likes