Schefter reveals full Panthers offer

I think the draft picks are a wash. Maybe Carolina’s draft pick offer is a little better in my eyes (I know the value chart disagrees, but just preference at this point).

However, the difference between Goff vs Bridgewater could be huge. Worth taking the chance. Additionally, Stafford gets to play where he really wants.

The Lions seem to have made the right call. But that Panthers offer wasn’t nothing.

I was wondering what that second pick was. A fifth, meh. I like the deal we got better. This team needs an overhaul, even the #7 and #8 pick ain’t going to do it.

IMO the Rams trade was better.

The Lions have 2 first rounds picks in 2022 and 2023 plus a third this year. They can do a lot of things with those picks to move up, down, and acquire impact players.

2 Likes

Who would we take at 7 and 8?

I might be in the minority but this feels like an awfully light draft class.

So often guys flash as sophomores and regress as juniors. Guys like Sewell, J Chase, M Parsons, G Rousseau have all been out of football for a year. Then add in the lack of a combine and weird interview process.

Let’s say at #8, the best player is G Rousseau and he runs slow at his Pro day.

Stafford for

Rousseau, Bridgewater and 5th? I’d want bridgewater cut immediately and thus we’d be eating a huge cap bit and not have a QB anyone could expect to build around.

So then we’d be compelled to draft Lance “if” he’s there.

So we’d be trading Matt Stafford for Lance straight up basically because we could take whichever other player at #7 anyway

Bottom line it’s quite likely that J Goff retires with more pro bowls that whenever gets drafted at number 7 or 8

I prefer having 2 first rounders instead of 1 this year.

Under normal circumstances I’d be upset they didn’t take this but with this weird Covid season I’m good on not having multiple high picks this draft

There will always be some people that are unhappy.

Huh. Of cross im a lion’s fan.

Agreed … if you take the CAR deal your drafting a QB and using Bridgewater as the Bridge QB.

I actually like the Rams deal better because those two first could be better than people realize. A 3rd can still garner a darn good player and Goff is good enough to build around.

Not to mention I wasn’t all that keen on this years WR class. The Rams deal give us ammo down the road to trade up for a QB we like if Goff doesn’t work out.

1 Like

To add to that…at $5M that might be a decent path forward. But we would be paying nearly $20M per year for Teddy. Thats insane.

2 Likes

Lets look back at what could have been (as i run for the dens door)

Why?

1 Like

The Rams package was clearly the right deal to take.

homer simpson crow GIF

1 Like