Secondary

I’m not going to turn this into a sign SM-B or trade Okudah thread, y’all know my feelings there.

But who’s the 1 guy that fits perfectly here given our group?

CB - Sutton …Jacobs … MacMccain

CB- Moesely… Okudah… Hughes?

NB- ______… Will Harris…Lucas

S- Tracey … _______

S- Kerby… Iffy

The one guy that’s fits in perfectly like a glove is SS/NB Brian Branch

5 Likes

Dude played 1700 snaps in the SEC and missed 4 tackles, are F’n serious?

2 Likes

I do think Branch is the perfect fit for us and I’d love to have him.

But…… I’m not convinced Holmes would take him.

3 Likes

I feel like Brian Branch at 18 makes some sense. He didn’t test out of the gym, so he could be there.

But the thing I think gets missed is that the Lions actually like Will Harris even if some of us don’t.

1 Like

I’d take him at 18 but I’m not sure Holmes would.

I’m not a fan of Harris but you’re right the lions are

The Lions also do not seem to put a lot of resources into the position.

4 Likes

Don’t they? It’s like they hyper-focus each year on one grouping.

4 Likes

Let me rephrase. They don’t put high end resources.

I think 2nd and 3rd round is more Holmes style dont you?

I like Branch. Would love to have the guy.

2 Likes

If Spoon (or Gonzo but fat chance) made it to 18 I’d take him over Branch. Porter? Not sure but I’d probably take Porter. I’d take JSN over him. I’d take Skoronski over him if by some miracle he made it to 18.

But in general it’s hard to find guys I’d pick over Branch and I’m not over the moon on Branch. I think the upside is somewhat limited. But if you take the “don’t miss” approach to the first round he’s a great option. His tackling proficiency isn’t going to disappear. His lack of recovery speed will likely let you down at times but he’s in general just really, really solid.

Sorry brother, I was agreeing w you. I phrased it wrong….

3 Likes

Oh and Bijan. I’d still take Bijan at 18 bc f$ck it I’m just a fan. RB play is what brought me to this franchise over 3 decades ago so when in Rome.

1 Like

Am I the only one expecting Okudah to play some S next year? Not full time but some…

I’m definitely leaning towards the really really solid unsexy draft.

But there’s a couple guys that could sway me otherwise and that’s Carter, Bijan, and Kancey.

I don’t worry about Brad’s drafting.

His FA was less proven (though also hamstrung financially). This year I’m bullish on his FA efforts as well.

At the end of round 2, I would like to have two of Christian Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Brian Branch, Clark Phillips, Deonte Banks, Jordan Battle, Jamie Robinson, or Ji’Ayir Brown. Brown isn’t an ideal fit, but I really like Safeties who force turnovers. So I would like two DBs with our first 5 picks. also loves Emmanuel Forbes. Probably one of my favorite players in the draft. But I don’t think he’s a fit for DC

A day 2 WR is pretty high on my list if we don’t bring anyone in. Cedric Tillman and Rashee Rice are my favorites. Also like Jonathan Mingo and AT Perry as they fit the X position nicely.

I would be shocked if we didn’t have a DB and a WR after day 2. But for the most part, we can go a lot of different directions. After pro days is when I’ll pick up going crazy about the draft again. But for now, with our current crop of FAs, this is where I stand.

I am OUT on CB round 1 that’s for sure. Branch in that Minkah Fitzpatrick role I’m down with.

These guys just aren’t Sauce and Surtain.

Everything this Gonzalez hype train is, we can get in Sean Murphy Bunting right now, I’m serious.

Spoon might be a dog, but you don’t a dog CB like that early. Maybe 18…but I’d still rather have Branch.

There’s too many other cb prospects with athletic traits, I’d rather take a chance and develop them from Day 2.

2 Likes

I think we will still groom a CB to be ready to start when these guys are done. I think we look at a safety with a LB mentality. Off the top of me head I think Jakorian Bennett from Maryland as a CB to groom and Sydney Brown for the S. Foe me I don’t see either of these guys making it out of day 2 but the mocks can say otherwise. A sleeper would be Terrell Smith a CB from Minnesota. PFF does not even have him draftable but I seen the kid play and they are wrong on this one. He will be playing on Sundays next year.

I’ll take Minnesota Safety Howden for sure round 7

Yup I’ve mocked Terrell Smith in the 3rd round several times on PFF’s mock simulator.

1 Like

The last time I looked he was rated around 300 and they were giving me an F for taking him in the 6th round. Now I’m not saying this kid is the next Sauce but I think he has all the tools to develope into a solid number 2.

1 Like

I just looked him up. I feel he is debatably handsome enough to be on this roster, but sneaks in on the right side of the handsome line. If Brad believes in him, I’ll support it.

3 Likes